ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back disk change nighmare

Clio RS RB182 Cup
bought 2 back disks with abs ring and bearings which went on okay in the end now trying to get the pads on and they will not fit, had a g clamp on the brake trying to push it back but no luck it will not move, any help or ideas?? thanks

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
The piston spins back in fella. The fronts will need the G clamp, not the rears.

They should wind in really easily, often with a fingers grip.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
As Chip says, you can't preload the bearing without the spacer and the bearing floats about on the stub axle. Not good, and wont last long

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
to late think i forgot to put the spacer on, now cant get it off at all, what should i do?

Well if you drive it then it will completely destroy the bearings in probably a few hundred miles if you havent got the spacers on there.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Not that it's relevent, but I am presuming you fitted the old pads if you couldnt wind the piston back?

A gentle tap from behind with a Rubber mallet (or block of wood tapped) spinning the disc 90 degrees as you do to keep the force as square as you can..

I know everybody has to start/learn somewhere but brakes and not being overseen is a leathal mix.I take it you have tightend the hub nut up alot more than 175nm if you are struggling to remove them.?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I know everybody has to start/learn somewhere but brakes and not being overseen is a leathal mix.I take it you have tightend the hub nut up alot more than 175nm if you are struggling to remove them.?

I was thinking exactly this!

I would rather have someone with me first time round..

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
When you do get the rear discs off and get the washer/spacer fitted, make sure they're fitted correct way round as they are sided.

Tapered side Towards the car

Clio RS RB182 Cup
Yeah thanks, managed to get it off in the end with half the bearing still on the car, sorted it now tho runs fine, now for the handbrake cable ...

Clio 182
The guys up there ^ aren't kidding about the torque either. Mine were over-torqued my a mechanic, got less than 1,000 miles out of them before having to change them again. Did you use a torque wrench?