ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a 182 again, yippee.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Picked this up last night as my dci is on its last legs and probably won't make out summer holiday without total failure.

It's my third 182 and I plan to do nothing to it but certainly nice to be back in another one. Needs an oil change, the tracking sorted and a cat gasket.

Spec
Poly bush dogbone
438 cams
Ktec induction kit
Eibach pro kit springs
Janspeed cat back
197 steering wheel

If anyone knows anything about this car I'd love to know.

2450D04A-97E2-4667-88D1-2BE4320BE372_zps3pshaz8a.jpg

D751EE19-BA08-437D-A434-0C7BCD890066_zpsbe1lsxuc.jpg

D4C284CB-8B60-4BBF-9A65-1A1DF948FC18_zpstpcn7uur.jpg

7F8179FF-E5E4-4960-9B73-2A137D2CA043_zpsfsizzj6b.jpg

EFA86657-3FD7-4E9C-963D-D92058004E01_zpsy4p7sfeb.jpg

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Nice one mate, scrubs up well.

The 197 wheel isn't as large in the 1*2's as I'd pictured it in my head.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Who did the mapping on the 438s man?

Looks like a nice buy :smile:
Yeah it's not too bad. Will be sorting out the cat fitting kit this weekend and getting rid of the hideous blue interior light!

Was actually mapped by k-tec. Having looked through the SH one of the previous owners spent a lot of money there getting it serviced and having a few bits done. Map feels good but I'd like to get it on a RR to check a couple of bits if money allows.

C1A143A1-5AB3-4326-A575-878EDC3C49F3_zpslsyh5hkl.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah it's not too bad. Will be sorting out the cat fitting kit this weekend and getting rid of the hideous blue interior light!

Was actually mapped by k-tec. Having looked through the SH one of the previous owners spent a lot of money there getting it serviced and having a few bits done. Map feels good but I'd like to get it on a RR to check a couple of bits if money allows.

C1A143A1-5AB3-4326-A575-878EDC3C49F3_zpslsyh5hkl.jpg

I'll PM you bud.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just a small update on the car. Not much point in putting up a project thread as the car is just a stop gap. I've been through the SH now and it had the same owner from new until about 130k with what appears to be a no expense spared approach which is great. Even brake and coolant fluid changes all done which is very reassuring. Cambelt and depaser done about 15k ago so good for ages...perfection!
At the weekend I did a few jobs on the car to make sure it's tip top.
I replaced the handbrake cables with genuine renault ones as one had snapped.
Millers nanodrive 5w40 and new genuine filter as I wasn't sure when the last oil change was done
New rear pads
Free'd up the rear calipers with some rubber grease.
Tried to fix the olive joint on the exhaust but it was just leaking like a sieve so had the cat sleeved.
Replaced all the dampers for some with 110k less on from my dci rep build.

Car is now running great and sounds much better without the exhaust whistle. Tracking seems to have been put out again by changing the dampers which is annoying. Will try and get some new track inners and outers then have the tracking done again before going away.

C1FE0BC7-997A-4B68-B87A-65575B3F6826_zpspsf4jyzd.jpg
00438D7D-EC1C-4C1D-91B2-D7CFA4D714FF_zps02vl0ecx.jpg
B2D32481-6AFE-4BBA-831C-AA5E078E9DE6_zpsmziullc7.jpg
F94F001F-1894-4645-A11C-B7EBCD4DEF69_zpsqhxxdb2x.jpg

Checked the tracking, it's only a tiny bit out but it's that tiny bit which clearly matters!
929CFC91-CA5A-40E8-8EDD-754A24741327_zpscm0pb9pv.jpg

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Did you have the silencer removed as well? That pipe looks well long for just sleeving it haha.

Clio 172
It's the best way of checking tracking! You just measure how far the front and back of the wheel are from the line to see what toe it's got.
The next car is up for discussion here, likely a BMW of some form though I think. http://www.cliosport.net/threads/upgrade-time-soon-£10k-budget.790761/

How do you know the lines perfectly straight, also equal and adjusting must be a pain?

If I had £10k to spend, I'd keep the Clio and go on a 3 week holiday in the sun lol, love me holidays

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Not many updates on the clio of late as I'm just running it.
I do however have a few bits to do on the 182 tomorrow as I want the car to be safe and a pleasure to drive to the alps next month. It should make the car feel like new and take thousands of miles off it.

Fitting
Uniroyal rain sport 3s
New genuine wishbones
Lemforder inner and outer rods
Innner and outer ARB bushes
New top mounts
Powerflex black series steering rack bushes.

Got a new lambda sensor coming as the current one's failed.

PH2 172
Fitting
New top mounts
Which one`s?
I had grief with the modified Renault kits R 54 3A 097 80R.
I had to get threads removed from R 82 00 867 250 spacer with the 27mm spanner sized head,that replaces the 17mm original nut & top hat spacer,before they would secure the bearing.
I assumed it was done up tight,being a Renault parts kit,but it was just thread bound,and the result was that it destroyed the Spax units that were fitted on a 1 mile road test round the 1 way system.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Which one`s?
I had grief with the modified Renault kits R 54 3A 097 80R.
I had to get threads removed from R 82 00 867 250 spacer with the 27mm spanner sized head,that replaces the 17mm original nut & top hat spacer,before they would secure the bearing.
I assumed it was done up tight,being a Renault parts kit,but it was just thread bound,and the result was that it destroyed the Spax units that were fitted on a 1 mile road test round the 1 way system.

I got some OEM ones but the old design and they're perfect. I've never actually had a problem with the original design!

Nice list of things to do Graham, I did the same last summer, made the car much improved.
Cheers Keith, car feels brilliant now, not like it's done 146k. Need to do the same to my cup now...

PH2 172
I got some OEM ones but the old design and they're perfect. I've never actually had a problem with the original design!

Cheers Keith, car feels brilliant now, not like it's done 146k. Need to do the same to my cup now...

Hi Graham,I`m looking at 4 XL 205/45r16 Rainsport 3`s from Camskill at £52.90 a piece,did you find them at a better price before I order?
I have fitment & balance already sorted.

I need to get round for a chin wag with Keith as we are two junctions apart.

172 Turbo
@STEVE.M Anytime mate, always nice to have a chat with another owner.

@GrahamS I was amazed when I got mine back from having all that changed, it felt like a new car, I've ruined it with the B14s which is a shame but easily fixed once I paid for the family holiday