ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio 182

Deja vu 182
I part x my 182 about 2 months ago for a 02 Impreza wrx and knew straight away i d made a mistake! So after 2 months of not really enjoying driving i decided to go back to a 182 , spent a few days driving up and down the country looking (unfortunately i ve seen far too many sheds , people have different ideas what mint is:mad: ) I did have a b/g with both cup packs 04 with 33k but i ve just put a deposit on a 05 with 13k no cup packs in titanium (if it didn t have plates you d swear it was new!) I ve kept some cash for anthracite turinis and ktech splitter . So a word of caution as unreliable as they are , you can t beat one for value for money or fun :)

Deja vu 182
Sorry for delay (Call of duty 4!) The scooby just didn t feel exciting and the drivetrain is an old design felt clumsy , the interior was horrible . If im honest the only thing i enjoyed was it felt a lot faster over bumpy roads as the clios tend to feel twitchy . I expected the fuel economy to be bad but it was horrendous , how anyone can use them to commute etc i don t know:eek: Cost me a bit of cash to end up with what i had 3 months ago but you live and learn might stick around for a while this time:) Unless i can persuade the mrs that a 197 cup is a good idea;)

RS Clio 182
I drove a Scooby a couple of year ago - with the intentions I wanted one. After the drive it left me uninpressed and somewhat cold and the thought of what was all the fuss and hype about - and I believe that they can be a little fragile too!

Welcome back to the fizzy, manic and smiley world of the 182 :)

clio 200 F4Rt
another person who went to a scooby and came back!

i ran a Spec-C JDM STI for 2 months, until i said enough was enough and had to sell it. The running costs were out of this world. Like you say, i am not sure how some people run them day to day, must earn alot more money than me!

so i have been back in a 172 for a while now, and glad i made the change back!!!

Deja vu 182
A few of my mates had Impreza s for a short time i don t know anyone thats kept one longer than a year! Where s the cheapest place to get Anthracite turini s? K-tech seem alright is there anywhere cheaper , will get a good discount from Renault will price them up when i pick up car . Paid deposit this morning :) Back to 30mpg again

Clio 172 mk2
I ran an Impreza for two years!

Brought the 172 a couple of years ago and have thouroughly enjoyed owning it:D

renaultsport 172
are you on kroozing? i remember the thread am almost sure i put in it at the time it would be a mistake!

welcome back!

Deja vu 182
Yep busted , my brother is on there and he put up the thread . I ve seen your car about in Bangor , nice plate on it;) Won t be changing the car again for a while Mrs isn t happy apparently new couch s are more important .

Clio 172 mk2
Sorry for delay (Call of duty 4!) The scooby just didn t feel exciting and the drivetrain is an old design felt clumsy , the interior was horrible . If im honest the only thing i enjoyed was it felt a lot faster over bumpy roads as the clios tend to feel twitchy . I expected the fuel economy to be bad but it was horrendous , how anyone can use them to commute etc i don t know:eek: Cost me a bit of cash to end up with what i had 3 months ago but you live and learn might stick around for a while this time:) Unless i can persuade the mrs that a 197 cup is a good idea;)

Agree, petrol consumption on WRXs is frightening.....I had to get rid as I found myself going easy everywhere just to try and get 20mpg!

Deja vu 182
I didn t do much dual carriageway driving all a-b roads my old Clio would get 330 miles to a tank the WRX 170 but if i enjoyed driving it i wouldn t mind paying that much for fuel . These little Clio s have something that an Impreza doesnt -character:) (no offence intended to anyone that enjoys their impreza s all this is my opinion;) )

RS Clio 182
No doubting the Impreza's abilities but IMHO they are a bit clinical and as you rightly say gav182 the Clio has character.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ive had a brand new elise s - which i loved dont get me wrong but for value for money you cant beat the little 182 :) get some pics up when its delivered! ;)

Im on my 3rd 182 LOL :)

Deja vu 182
Certainly will :) I still have some pictures of my old one aswell . Will have to wait for pay day to get new wheels and splitter (spent more than expected this month!) . How much will the silver 182 wheels be worth without tyres ?