ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio

Countryman JCW
Well it's been nearly 2 years since I last owned one having driven a diesel seat arosa, and a 10 plate 318d Msport tourer, and I'm back to the little French hatches for the 5th time. I've got to say though, out of the 5 I've owned, this is by far my favourite!

It's a 1 owner RB 182 FF. Completely standard bar a stainless exhaust which sounds standard, but has slightly bigger tail pipes. I've done 2 full tanks in it and I've averaged 40mpg amazingly! I don't know if that's because I'm getting a bit older and driving it differently, or if driving round in the diesel BMW has made me take it a little easier, but either way, I don't care, it's so much more fun to drive!

Cleaning the RB paint work requires tar remover like I had on my White Evo 5, but to be honest, it looks so good when cleaned, I don't mind putting in the extra time cleaning it! I haven't missed the driving position, but the grin factor when getting above 5k RPM makes you quickly forget that! I was going to spend a bit more and go for a 197 or even a 200, but I'm so glad I chose a 182 again!

Few jobs I'm looking at getting done over the next month or two will be full fluid change all round, headlight refurb, cook sport springs, new brake setup along the lines of Brembo HC discs and ferodo pads with braided lines, and that should do for now.

Going to look at getting it on a track day or two this summer, so hopefully see a few of you there!

Here's to Clio ownership!

Countryman JCW
Haha so true!

It's got Pirelli P-zero Nero tyres on it at the moment which I don't rate that much... What's the tyre of choice these days?

Also need to connect my phone to the radio some how, any options for this?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Haha so true!

It's got Pirelli P-zero Nero tyres on it at the moment which I don't rate that much... What's the tyre of choice these days?

Also need to connect my phone to the radio some how, any options for this?

For road or track bud? I rate my p-zero Nero in the wet. A lot.

They're my winter / very wet track tyres.

Phone to radio, parrot kit?

Won't be long before this is turbo'd 😂

Countryman JCW
Really? Hmm I had p-nero's on my last 182 and thought they were a little slippy in the wet. I've always used conti sport 3's for an all rounder... Purely for road use at the moment Cub.

Sorry, I meant for music purposes, do people still use the connect 2 adapter?

Haha, I did the turbo thing before on my 172 Cup... Great fun!!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I remember your turbo, one of the earlier ones, hence me knowing it will go back that way :wink:

Road use, the conti's are very good. Or Michelin PS3 or their equivalent.

No idea on the music front, listening to music in mine is becoming more and more difficult :smile:

Countryman JCW
Yeah Andy RG did the conversion and it was faultless in my ownership, think it got stripped for parts and put on their demo car AFAIK.

Haha really?? Last time I frequented cliosport your red 172 was cammed... Any new additions ?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah Andy RG did the conversion and it was faultless in my ownership, think it got stripped for parts and put on their demo car AFAIK.

Haha really?? Last time I frequented cliosport your red 172 was cammed... Any new additions ?

Errr....one or two bud...😂

Supercharged, diffed, caged, roll centre kit, bla bla bla. I've become a bit of a parts whore.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/cubs-flamer-supercharged-cage-etc.612638/

Good to see you back man. You still Leamington way?

Countryman JCW
Haha awesome!! When's your next track day, assuming that's the reason for all the "upgrades"... That must be a hoot to drive!

Cheers mate, yeah just bought a house with my girlfriend between leamington and rugby hence me selling my german coal burner and getting another trusty Clio just got to wait for the house to be built then I can get the Clio in the garage for some treats

Countryman JCW
Coming from a seat ibiza PD130, picking up my car I got 52mpg on the way home. Now after owning for 8 months I get around 30mpg haha

Haha, driving it properly now then! I expect I'll be seeing lower figures once I get used to driving like a 17 year old again lol

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Haha awesome!! When's your next track day, assuming that's the reason for all the "upgrades"... That must be a hoot to drive!

Cheers mate, yeah just bought a house with my girlfriend between leamington and rugby hence me selling my german coal burner and getting another trusty Clio just got to wait for the house to be built then I can get the Clio in the garage for some treats

Got Anglesey on the 2nd July, yeah it's pretty much a track / occasional weekend mobile now. Good fun though :smile: Will be at CSS at Blyton on track.

I'm in Leamington quite a bit, as my brother in law is up there. My parents live in Badby (village off Southam way) so I may be about in the clio at some point around there.

Congrats on the house.

Countryman JCW
Oh nice, well give me a shout if you're up here at any time, would love to go for a blast! Plenty of good driving roads around here as you well know!

I need to get myself to CSS to see what's what and get some inspiration, although the second I see a turbo in an engine bay, or hear the raw of a turbo from one will be all the inspiration I need! Haha

Countryman JCW
Quick iphone pic after work the other night.... @imprezaworks

image_1.jpg