ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a DC5

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Much better dude! Can't help but feel sad it's not CW.

Monaco 172
Car looks good man! Only seen one other DC5 in the last 6 months! Whereabouts in Brizzy are ya?

Wheels look much better in ampasite. How strict are they in oz with modifications? Do they forbid/restrict them or just make you pay extortionate insurance costs?

I think some places in Europe, maybe France dont allow car mods. Not Australia though, everyones at it.

My DC5 is standard though and apart from springs itll probably stay that way. If i could only find somewhere that sells Spoon progressives

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Mine sits quite well and that's on Eibach Pro springs, maybe they're easier to get hold of than the Spoon progressives?

Good work on the seats. I went to look at a DC5 which I loved the drive of. The only problem..

MG_0676_zpsg1pna9ih.gif

I know the bottom bolster you can get the cloth and foam for. Any ideas if you can for the top?

The material itself for a retrim is hard to get a hold of, it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy a second hand black recaro seat. If you can find someone willing to sell it singularly.

The material itself for a retrim is hard to get a hold of, it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy a second hand black recaro seat. If you can find someone willing to sell it singularly.

Thanks mate. Capital sell it for the bolster so ive emailed and asked the question if they can get or supply the material.

Thanks mate. Capital sell it for the bolster so ive emailed and asked the question if they can get or supply the material.

If you can't get the material mate the subframes are interchangeable so it doesn't matter if you buy a passenger side seat as a replacement.

^ Yeah this is true, I swapped my seats over and it evens out the east on the bolster covers.

I'm not sure it would be that easy to fix the hole, guess you'd have to compare the price of a retrim by someone who knows what they're doing and a replacement seat. Integrastella on eBay breaks lots of dc5s so that would be a place to look.

^ Yeah this is true, I swapped my seats over and it evens out the east on the bolster covers.

I'm not sure it would be that easy to fix the hole, guess you'd have to compare the price of a retrim by someone who knows what they're doing and a replacement seat. Integrastella on eBay breaks lots of dc5s so that would be a place to look.

Thanks. I've actually had a quote back. £90 for the material and £150 for the labour. Not bad I didn't think. That's a upholsterer which is an official Recaro dealer.

Thanks. I've actually had a quote back. £90 for the material and £150 for the labour. Not bad I didn't think. That's a upholsterer which is an official Recaro dealer.

That's not too bad, just need to get that fog sorted and your onto a winner mate.