ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a DC5

Not sure if anyone remembers me or my old DC5 on here, but i had a CW one which i modified quite a bit, plate was T9 TEG. I sold it when i first came over to Australia and since then ive had a string of fairly boring cars, Toyota Hilux, BMW 135i and a Mazda 3 SP23.

Well ive finally found a genuine JDM DC5 here in Aus. It was for sale in my local town which i put down as fate and had to buy it. Considering there are only a reputed 7 JDM DC5's in Australia i feel pretty lucky to have found one.
An irish fella relocated to Aus and his company offered to ship his car over, so thats its story.

The car itself looks pretty good from the outside, no Milao pink as it had a full respray 2 years ago. Its a 2002 and has done 109,000Km's. The wheels and calipers need refiurbing which im going to tackle soon, wheels are going ampasite and calipers either back to red or a goldish colour.The interior needs some tlc, new bolsters, stereo sorting out, a new steering wheel would be nice but its generally okay. The power steering needs looking at, so ill sort that at some point, and the engine bay neeeds tidying up (rocker cover refurb).

So far ive cleaned the interior, where i found $9!, and been enjoying the vtec. I want to get it to the standard of my old integra, probably wont modify it that much as parts are hard to come by and very expensive. Plus it was hard parting with alot more for this than i paid for my old one back in 2007.

Anyway, some crappy tablet photos.

IMG_20131118_162051_zpsc82f8c63.jpg

IMG_20131118_162324_zps6120a5b4.jpg

IMG_20131118_162015_zpsf637f2b7.jpg

IMG_20131118_162104_zpsae8d344b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate. I bet your eyes lit up when you seen it over there. You don't have much choice so if you want one you have to take what you can get! Always wanted to take my Frp over.

I can just imagine how much that thing cost over there, average or not. Funny you ask Danny, we have 3 local red ones,one looks Orange it's that dirty right enough. I love them in white. proper JDM.

I would have liked a Championship white one again gally, but they carry a bit of a premium over here. I saw one for sale for $30,000. I didnt pay that though, would have been too painful knowing the prices at home.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can't even say i'm surprised. A friend took his E55 AMG Merc over year or so ago. Said it was worth 3 times it's value over there.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I can only assume these drive great? As they look very average IMO. I'm really not a fan. Looks a clean one though, good job.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Your old one was a stunning car with the bronze wheels.

This one looks to be in good shape and no doubt you'll have it looking even better soon.

I can only assume these drive great? As they look very average IMO. I'm really not a fan. Looks a clean one though, good job.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess. But yes, they do drive very well standard and with a few suspension tweaks they're even better. They are very planted and instill great confidence. I personally love the vtec engine but for some it does nothing.

Z4
Not sure if anyone remembers me or my old DC5 on here, but i had a CW one which i modified quite a bit, plate was T9 TEG. I sold it when i first came over to Australia and since then ive had a string of fairly boring cars, Toyota Hilux, BMW 135i and a Mazda 3 SP23.

Behave..

Nice dc5, I think white suits them better but it does look smart.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lovely, definitely one of the most gorgeous looking cars, IMO of course. Would love to drive one some day.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Your old one looked so much better on standard alloys!

I like this new one - good base to work from.

Ive been tidying up my new teg a bit. There is a long list of jobs to do, but first on the list was to refurbish the Recaros with new bolsters from Capital Seating and refurb the alloys, as they were in terrible condition.

I didnt get too many photos, but heres a few to show what ive done.

Stripped the Recaros down
IMG_20131217_195528_zpse99b3dd4.jpg

Old vs new bolsters
IMG_20131217_195540_zpsbd04e519.jpg

Bolsters in place
IMG_20131217_204510_zps71919067.jpg

Both seats back together and in the car
IMG_20140104_162042_zpsf0c92051.jpg

With the wheel refurb, i fancied trying anthracite. I did one wheel and drove around like that for a week and contemplated just going back to silver. But now all 4 are done it looks okay

Looked like this
IMG_20131118_162324_zps6120a5b4.jpg

Now
IMG_20140104_162009_zps8f1fe519.jpg

IMG_20140104_162023_zpsad5fc83d.jpg

Next up is a caliper refurb, sort out the whining aux belt/ PAS pump and fix the audio system.