ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to black bumper wax on engine?

Ph2 Meg 225
Flash should do I hope haha, I've heard of people using back to black and just wondered if it was safe before I experimented :D

You can use a trim dressing on the plastics, You shouldn't need to put it on the actual engine but the plastics around it like the airbox, fuse box cover, grill slam panel are fine.

Ph2 Meg 225
You can use a trim dressing on the plastics, You shouldn't need to put it on the actual engine but the plastics around it like the airbox, fuse box cover, grill slam panel are fine.

Thats all I'm after doing really, what about the pipes?

Clio rs 200
No one sees under the diffuser but I've still had to put a coat of jet seal on it. suppose it's just a personal preference. I don't half get some strange looks when I'm polishing exhausts.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
water and engines......FFS. Seriously, use a bit of common sense. I fix no end of engines that have been "washed"

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i knew i had this pic somewhere

b4938bfa.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
seems legit

Guy in work done that to a f**king hire car! Brand new fiesta! Got the cloth seats dirty so decided easiest way to clean them was to jet wash inside the car!

Guy is batshit crazy! He done it at night too (in work) left the windows open for it to dry off (in winter!!!) went to drive home in the morning and the seats were frozen solid!

Mental!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i wont be degreasing my engine then , altho i really want to aafter getting loads of oil down the block :S

surely if i degrease the engine and steam clean + raggs it off i'll be fine? use air compressor to make sure no water is hidden after.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
diesel is a bit different as you don't have a spark to worry about. biggest problem is sparkplug wells being filled with water

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ah right, diesel's FTW altho engines are ment to be dirty :eek:

i should stop being a panzy and leave the engine allone

edit: we have injector plugs to worry about lol. they are on show compaired to the petrol clio's

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just had my bonnet up and apart from a bit of dust, the engine is spotless :) if I could be arsed I'd have wiped it with a cloth to get it show ready again :rasp:

It hasnt been cleaned in a couple of months either :)

Lol jaff! Guy sounds like a weapon haha

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol jaff! Guy sounds like a weapon haha

He is a bit lol. Neighbours around the depot I work in complaining of loud animal noses coming from near the depot... It's only him on the tannic making elephant noises! Whacko! Had the police and RSPCA in looking for distressed animals too lol

Interesting that most detailers offer an engine detail as part of their service range. Also interesting that cars can go through puddles and not have issues.

Use some common sense, as Danny has said. But engines can be cleaned without inflicting damage.

Clio 182, VW Caddy
If you use a bit of common sense, a low setting on the PW and don't point the nozzle at any of the imports bits then you can clean an engine bay. I use a strong all purpose cleaner and a few brushes to loosen grime before rinsing. I've done hundreds without any dramas. Once cleaned, spray a plastic dressing (like 303 or autoglym super sheen) all over the engine and allow to dry. Finally buff with a microfibre and job done.