ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back to black gells?

hi everyone can you get a rub on gell for restoring outside black bits like bumpers and stuff rather than a spray with tends to fackin go everywhere he he? cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
oh, right, sorry ;)

Auto Glym do some Bumper restoring Gel, its about £6 for a tub but lasts forever!! Its in a white bottle with a Blue/green label on the front. Make sure you rub off any excess though, as if it rains, it will run down the paint of your freshly polished motor!!

BMW E46 330i Touring
As above, AG Bumper Care is very good, used it yesterday for the first time and the black bits look naturally black again. Will have to wait and see if it stays more than a week...

Evo 8 Jap Crap
hi everyone can you get a rub on gell for restoring outside black bits like bumpers and stuff rather than a spray with tends to fackin go everywhere he he? cheers

So you've been spraying it directly onto the bumpers and getting it all on your paint?

Did you not think to spray it on a rag then wipe it with that :lolup:

visualize whirled pe
I use AG bumper care, it can finish a bit streaky after a shower but it isnt too bad at attracting dust and lasts longer than the silicon spray types. I've seen people use WD40 and even peanut butter!!

I noticed on my Black RSi that the bumper sections and side strips are actually dark grey plastic, the wing mirrors surrounds / fixings, spoiler and scuttle pannel are black plastic. Shame because I'll never get them to back to black!

106 GTi
AG Bumper Gel is the daddy on textured trim. Apply leave it to stand for 10 mins of so, then buff with cloth to remove te excess of as Dan says it will be streaking all over the shop.

cheers guys will get the ag bumper gel then...so put on and leave for 10 then buff off is the best way?

the one...yes i am a r****d he he he!!!