ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to former glory

Evo 8 MR
Following on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?528340-Sad-day-for-the-cup I've now got the car back from the second visit to the bodyshop.

I'm happy with it now it's pretty much bob on, all niggles sorted from when I received it back the first time so I can't complain. It was so weird getting back into it after driving a lardy fiesta for just two days. Clutch felt so stiff and springy and it seemed to rev so much easier than the fezza.

Anyway, I took some pics just to show how it is now, all I'm after now is a splitter and a new top grille, there's no visible damage but it's been bodged to keep it on from the inside. Apart from that I need the o/s front wheel refurbing as it's the last remaining evidence of THAT day.

After that I need some uprated mounts now the standard ones are shocking, then I'll be after some 15's, still debating whether to remove the last of the adjusters on the rear and bring the front down a smidge more.

Lastly I've now got two new sets of locking wheel nuts on today. :cool:

0809108.jpg

0809107.jpg

0809106.jpg

0809105.jpg

0809104.jpg

0809103.jpg

0809102.gif

0809101.gif

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks decent that!

Your the guy I was talking to at trax's, I have seen you at another meet too but couldn't place you :eek:

Audi TT 3.2
love this cup! will be perfect again when you have a splitter they really do miss them!

btw what coilovers are you running?

DB.

BMW 440i
Looks great mate! Think you need some nice silver calipers on there next! ;)

Seats are looking great! :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I wouldnt drop it anymore, I love slammed cars but lets be honest, they dont handle as well as they could

IMO your car looks perfect, keep the turini's and enjoy it, or change to some black f1's and it will be even better looking

SG9 Forester STi
Looks great steve :)

Tbh I think you have the ride height just right, good to see it back the way it was :)

Evo 8 MR
Very nice mate, are you running HID'S?

Nope, standard 182 xenons.

Looks great mate! Think you need some nice silver calipers on there next! ;)

Seats are looking great! :)

Hmm, not really into those sort of mods anymore tbh. They just get caked in brake dust again within a week of painting them anyway.

I wouldnt drop it anymore, I love slammed cars but lets be honest, they dont handle as well as they could

IMO your car looks perfect, keep the turini's and enjoy it, or change to some black f1's and it will be even better looking

I'm thinking either 1.2s or F1s tbh, cheaper the better.

No lower, maybe even a touch higher at the back to even it out.

Get yourself a Skoda splitter and you're onto a winner :)

Very nice mate.

Deinitely not getting a skoda splitter. I've criticised too many now to go that route lol. Much prefer the proper splitter.

Nice cup mate.

What recaros are in it ?

thanks, Sam!

Not sure on what they're called, they're practically the same as the Trendlines but they are from an Evo IX MR Edition.

Needs a splitter and lowering.

lol, I knew you'd say that.

Thanks for all the great comments guys and girls! ;)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
<3 your cup steve-looks mint :approve:

Glad to see she's been fixed up.