ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Coil Pack

Corsa SXi
Hi, could anyone explain to me what would happen if my coil pack is messing up and how you can tell if it is? thanks
icon7.png

Corsa SXi
Would my throttle response be worse and will I get juddering?

I feel like an idiot haha but if i dont ask ill never learn

Corsa SXi
Would my throttle response be worse and will I get juddering?

I feel like an idiot haha but if i dont ask ill never learn

Your car will sound ruff as arseholes and shake on idle you wont get full power and it will be stuttering.

Best way to check when the engine is running get some rubber handled pliers (just incase) and pull the HT lead off the CoilPack one by one (making sure you put the last one you took off back on! LOL) and listen for a clicking and look for a spark, if its not sparking or it seems very weak, its new coil pack time the engine may stall a couple of times during this as the cylinders that are fine are running the engine when you take another one away the engine struggles to run and cuts out.

If all seem fine, check the HT leads and spark plugs

Nick

Evo 5 RS
Your car will misfire intermittently and feel down on power. It will be more prominent under load e.g up hills etc