ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad day for my 172

182 FF
I woke up this morn to find my 172 keyed on every panel, bumper,headlights/rear lights,windows and the roof will 3 dints in. Its bin sent off to the insurence now but im just praying they dont write her off but i think its going to be rite on the line?

BMW F21 125d
Shouldnt get written off, but could depend on how big the dints are in the roof. Any pictures of the damage ? I just cant understand the mentalitly of people that damage peoples cars, jealousey or whatever, but they'd have been freezing their nads off doing the damage last night!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
jonny you really need to find out whos doing this to all your cars, it cant keep going on like this :(

320d
Gutted for you mate, hope they catch the f*****s. What insurance company you with? I'm with directline and they have vandlism cover where you don't loose your ncb etc hopefully your insurance company will do a similar thing.

182 FF
Im with directline to so my no claims are safe,i do have some pics but dont have the time to put them on at the mo. The dints on the roof look like they have jabbed a screw driver down:dapprove: just to pee me off some more the same day me and my mate spent allday fitting a nice new cambelt

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
i doubt very much a bit of paintwork and some dents will be a write off even if the whole car has to be a respray. You could always buy it back for cheap and get a respray elsewhere. in that case u may make money :) but i'd check ur mates and see if anyone has it in for you cos they've obviously spent some time to do that. if it was mindless, i'd think they'd just key it when walking passed.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
as above jonny, id be investing in some cameras if i were you isnt this the 4th car??

if they do right it off ( hopefully they wont ) give me a shout

s1 williams/106gti
my 106 six months back
CRIM0126.jpg

CRIM0123-1.jpg

CRIM0122-2.jpg

............on my drive.quiet cul de sac.no idea why.
i know how much this sucks.get the cctv

Clio 182 + Recaros
Sounds like someones gone to town which like others have already said would start ringing alarm bells - particularly if this is the fourth time its happen. :(

There are unfortunately some very sad people out there I hope you get it sorted.

182 FF
the police have had hidden cams in twice but nothings ever happend whilst they were in so when they were taken out i put my own in but a few weeks ago they broke and with nothing happend for over 2years i did'nt put new once in as i didnt have the money and my car go's in the garage everynight. Im not sure if it will be wrote off or not but i think its going to be a close call as it needs a new:

-headlights
-rear lights
-x2 fog light suround
-scuttle pannel
-screen mayb
-Full respray
-and im not sure if it will need new front wings with them being plastic and deeply scored:(

Most of those bits are cheap from a breakers.

Screen shouldn't be more than your screen excess, hopefully.

Front wings can be filled I imagine, then sprayed. They might be able to get away with blending but if it's all been done then yes, full respray will probably be easier :(

Probably £2kish for the respray, so hopefully not near their "% of the value to write off" limit!

If they do write it off, get evidence of how high the prices are for a good one (which I'm sure yours is) then get them to pay out. Sort the cheap bits for cash from a breakers or on here, then get the respray done somewhere good for a reasonable price and hopefully you'll come out a little bit up :)

Then you can spend the remainder on gates and CCTV ;) lol

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
fuckin little pricks,hope they die in a fire,m8 if thts the 4th time you should be tryin to find out who has it in for you,after the 1st time ad be out huntin the little c***s down to give them a weekend pass in hospital with a free straw.

ibiza cupra
w*nkers mate,how much is the cars worth? if less than £3,500 - £4000 then there is a fair chance as insurance companies tend to have a limit of about a third of the value of the car so if th repairs cost more than £1500 - £2000 (which is likley with the price of renault parts) then it more likly to be a right off. the good news is is that as it wouldnt be a bad right off and the insurance company would let you buy the car back for dirt cheap once they have given you your settlement. then with the rest of the money you can pay to get it done privately and use cheap secondhand parts and you know its still a sound car as it isnt crash damage that caused it to be ritten off. the bad point would be that it wouldnt be worth as much when you come to sell it.