ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Flames!

SQ5
:eek: ahhh damn my cars on fire. quick pull into a petrol station.

Looks like a Peugeot main dealer to me.

Were else would have fire extinguishers?! You can clearly see, as Daniel says, that I'm at the dealership next door and not on the forecourt.

Know the exact amount of damage caused yet?

Looked this afternoon list so far is
-scuttle panel
-heater thing
-water/brake/PAS fluid bottles
-fuel lines
-loom
-master cylinder
-HT leads
-Coil pack

Will start work on it when I get home tomorrow night just stripping the old bits out!

f**k me! Not nice :(

Could have been a lot worse. There was that guy who had a lush Focus 2.0 he built from the ground up, he had to sit there and watch his pride and joy burn completely to the ground.

Its all you can do, Fire is Fire and if you have nothing to put it out thats it :(

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sh*t Danny...thats a bad night! Glad you are alright though mate. Im sure you'll get her fixed back up.

Focus ST170
Thats very mature and responsible Danny some idiots out there would risk there life trying to save it. At the end of the day its a car, just a car. there are more of them but only one of you..

J

SQ5
Well there are a few little plans to bring it back better than ever. Definitely needs a respray sooner now, but coudl be tempted to drope the engine somewhere else, but I love the look of the Ph1!

Yea most people would be trying to put the flames out and probably just making it worse, just sit back and watch it as you can't do a thing! Was close to breaking down then the missus brother came running over with the fire extinguisher!

Pics as it is today

90685e52.jpg

32402244.jpg

Windscreen cracked too and need new throttle and clutch cable!

v6
Shitter Dan :(

but from those pics not as bad as i was expecting, at least it was the back of the engine bay and not the front with all the expensive new bits!

Clio 172
love to see you fix her back up matey, would be brilliant for a happy ending in a year or whatevers time.

Cupra
Gutted, hope that you can salvage most of it and get the thing back up and running without too much hassle.

i heard about that, people have laughed at me for carrying an extinguisher in the car, i have since i was 17.

uncle burned alive in his trapped car and somethings always stuck in my mind.

something to think about..

It is a legal requirement to have one in your car over here. I've had to use it once and was damn glad that I had it.

I had a small mishap with a firework which would have resulted in jail time had I not of been able to put the fire out before it got out of control.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Ouch. Such a shame, but good on you for not trying to climb in the bonnet to blow it out!

Get yourself a Mk1 and whack your lump in it. Flying machine would be an understatement! You've got the interior to try and wedge in it as well!

320d
Really sorry to see mate. I'd hate to see my car like that. Hope you get it all sorted. Will definately make me think about carrying a fire extinguiser after seeing this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nasty mate, very mature response, hope you get it sorted quickly and back to it's best if not, better.

GTD, Lupo
Not good but at least you sound like you hav the skills to fix it yourself which is always good.

Things always get worse before they get better and im sure it will be nicer when its back on the road.

This thread has made me consider getting an extinguisher not only for my car but if im passing another car on fire.

All the best

Gorms

Turbos.
Unlucky dude! Must have awful feeling helpless about it. You're a brave man if you're looking to fix it! How long was it on fire for?

Iceberg 172
Gutted for you :(

Must be one of the worse feelings for a petrol head to go through.

Would lifting the bonnet make the fire worse though? Feeding it with oxygen?

Not that I'm saying you did wrong as hind sight is a great thing and I would of done the same!

SQ5
love to see you fix her back up matey, would be brilliant for a happy ending in a year or whatevers time.

Year?!?!? Give it a month, MAX!

Get yourself a Mk1 and whack your lump in it. Flying machine would be an understatement! You've got the interior to try and wedge in it as well!

Mk1 is plan B ;) Its easy second time around!

Unlucky dude! Must have awful feeling helpless about it. You're a brave man if you're looking to fix it! How long was it on fire for?

Time went very slow watching it burn, so what felt like half hour it was about 5 minutes I reckon.

Gutted for you :(

Must be one of the worse feelings for a petrol head to go through.

Would lifting the bonnet make the fire worse though? Feeding it with oxygen?

Not that I'm saying you did wrong as hind sight is a great thing and I would of done the same!

I've though about the bonnet thing after, but I wouldn't of known it was on fire other wise so kind of had too!

Can't wait to get stuck in tonight, hopefully have it looking like it's missing only a few bits by end of day. At least my project thread will see some more action now!

CLIO PH1 172
F**K never seen anything like that bad luck dude as people have said glad ur ok and with the scrapper im sure you can make a good one!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh Dear! I know the Pug place..up near Matalan (cant remember the road but there is a shell next to it isn't there)

At least your okay.

Bumder With A Buffer
Are you going to carry an extinguisher in future?? Genuine Question by the way!

Ever since I did mt first Trackday I have one in the back of my seats...never know if I may need to use it on mine or someone else's car.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
s**t that looks bad, hope it's fixed and back on the road soon. Considering the flames though surprised there's not more damage. Think I'm going to invest in a fire extinguisher now.

SQ5
I will definitely have one in there in future, possibly a plumbed in one if funds allow :)

Got a great start on it tonight, plus a lot of extras are now being moved forward to now due to it being in a paint shop :) I'll get some of the photos from tonight up, 3 of us working for about 1 1/2 hours and we've got a lot done :)

Will post up in my project thread here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=455505&page=21