ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Fuel?????

Renault Clio Dynamique
I filled up yesterday, Notch above red, it took £37.00 in my 1.2... and today& last nighte, its done what, 50 miles and its used quarter of a tank, my mpg has been sat at like 50+.. but its never this bad.. its annoying me, its getting worse AND I DRIVE SO NICELY! :(

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
same here but, mine seems to fall rapdily fall from full to half then from half to empty it takes ages dunno why

Renault Clio Dynamique
Im gona have to get it looked at... A garage will jus be like er.. well what do u want us to do.. and they'll treat me like am imagining things cos am a female! :mad:.. Annoying int it Kic.. mine just goes quick as hell! :mad: lol

Meh, could be a combination of things, when was the last time you reset your speedometer?

Low tire pressures, revving car when not needed ewtc.

Renault Clio Dynamique
Am a woman,so please excuse this (being my first car etc).. Reset Speedo.. You mean by pressing the black button thing, i do it everytime i fuel up, to reset my MPG etc n Miles to Tank etc.. I checkd my tires yesterday and all okie.. And as for Revving, i never do that :S.. Andd Oi grumby, i know when the handbrake is on! Lol
Jet Turbinee? Its a standard 1.2?? Arghh, wish i had knowledge of cars lol!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i get 250miles per tank. i have no idea where the fuel goes.

yesterday i went to silverstone. just over 200miles there and back. my tank wall full when i left and when i got home it was on less than a quarter.

PH1 172
How many miles are you getting to a full tank of fuel? If it's over the 270+ mark then there is no problems. As Fred and others have said, you will notice the gauge go down very quickly to half once it has started to move off the full tank mark and then from half a tank down to empty it won't drop so quick.

Clio 172
I put ten quid in last night and done 51 miles then had to put more in i dont know were it went ! i was driving a good boy as i had my misses in the car ! was like wtf

You did fill the whole in the right hand side rear quarter didn't you? not one of the ones under the bonnet?

:rasp:

ST
Meh, could be a combination of things, when was the last time you reset your speedometer?

Low tire pressures, revving car when not needed ewtc.

I blip the throttle on down change when 'pressing on'...sounds reet good...fvck the MPG..

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
600 from a petrol 1.2 no way hun, 350-400 is about right, the tank it to small to squeeze 600 out of.

C

caz

I get about 270 miles from a full tank of £50 from my 1.2! rubbish.

could it be your actual petrol gauge? my petrol keeps "disappearing" as the gauge goes down randomly from time to time losing s**t loads of miles! does eventually fix itself so i get my miles back!

Renault Clio Dynamique
Firstly. £50!!!!!! AND 270! IN A 1.2. Id Cry! Lol! I moan at £37 lol!! My boyfriend gets that out a 2ltre v6 FTO! Friiiiiiiiickin Eck!!!!!!! lol

Evo
Fuel tanks are egg shaped hence why the gauge drops quickly then slows through the middle and speeds up again at the bottom.

55mpg out my 1.4, the miracles of Bp Ultimate lol.