ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad lemforder parts

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
So doing some work to the Clio and as usual gone with lemforder ball joints and outer tie rod ends and genuine inner tie rods.

The one outer tie rod has snapped when tightening it up. Was only using a 3/8 ratchet one handed and it never got to a point where it felt tight. It's such a clean break as well.

Maybe a bad batch or have fake lemforder parts made it on to the market.

All the lemforder parts were sourced from the same supplier on eBay.

IMG-20220613-WA0016.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've never seen this problem before with any lemforder parts. Definitely get in touch with the supplier!

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
Yeah I've never had an issue with lemforder before. Just has me worried about the other parts I've fitted.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Well if you're gunna run into fake parts, you're going to do it buying from eBay.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
Well if you're gunna run into fake parts, you're going to do it buying from eBay.
Yeah, I guess so, the shop has over 1 million feedback though so not ones of these that pop up with about 30 feedback then disappear.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
I had one do exactly the same last year. I was pretty shocked to be honest, I thought they were supposed to be sound parts.
Yeah me too, I've used lemforder before with no issues and as far as I'm aware have a solid reputation for good parts.