ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bad misfire, oil on plugs? ideas?

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
hiya got a really bad misfire on my clio. The whole engine and exhaust shakes like mad. Theres no blue smoke coming from the exhaust though. The spark plugs are dripping with oil / coated with oil. I havent done a compression test yet but I changed the coil pack over using a one used on a friends identical car but had no success..( though saying that i was still using the oil covered plugs which in hindsight wasnt very clever)

Has anyone got any ideas what may be wrong with it? What would happen if the rings had gone would there be loads of blue smoke?

Thanks;)

Clio 172 Cup
the oil is probably coming from a leaking rocker cover gasket? one of my plugs was covered in oil when I had them changed to try & cure a mis-fire. have since changed the HT leads & still haven't cured mine - going to clean or replace the TDC sensor next then the coil pack if that doesn't work. Good luck!

Coupe/Defender V8
are the electrodes wet too? I think it would of burnt off before getting that far probably as above rockercover needs doing