ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad news

2002 Clio 172
Just been told that my mate smashed his black 2002 172 clio last night. Supposed to have lost it whilst going rather fastand then rolled it!!! He has not got a mobile so not sure what happened. Have been told where it is being kept so will try and get some pics. Hes supposed to be abit sore with a bad back but ok. Thats what you get driving too fast in wet conditions, lessons to be learnt.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ouch :(

time and time again, keep it safe out there !

Hope he has a speedy recovery, but a harsh lesson to be learnt i guess for that little bit of fun.

RenaultSport clio 172
Hope he's ok, not anyone local is he, ive seen a couple of black clios in aberdare? ps Im going to put a big sticker on my car saying im not you due to all the people I dont know who are still waving at me as I drive allong lol

2002 Clio 172
I have told people that there is another one the same colour going around so the waving should now stop haha.

2002 Clio 172
Re: Bad news *pics added 29/05*

Here are some pics of the car :

Attachments

• DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00065.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00066.JPG
    DSC00066.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00068.JPG
    DSC00068.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00069.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 66
  Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
taylor said:
these clios do seem too easy to roll

What are you basing that statement on? I wouldn't say mine was easy to roll.

Robin reliants are easy to roll. A low clio with 4 wheels isn't exactly.

VRS
gutted for your mate!
on a positive note, the cab seems to have held its shape and your mate has lived and learnt :D

Renaultsport 220T
Hope your mate is ok, and goes out and buys a lottery ticket tomorrow, cos he is one lucky boy to walk away from that!

:eek:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I totally agree, he was very lucky indeed. It's good to hear he is ok, that's the main thing, shame about the car though. It just goes to show just how much damage a clio will take but still keep you safe. You have to to give Renault 10/10 for safety factors.

I had a 1.4 RT Alize 3 years ago. I had been complaining to Renault and other garages that the steering seemed to just suddenly go light and felt like it was driving on ice, unfortunately they reckoned they couldnt find a problem with it, but 2 weeks after its 1st MOT I was driving along doing 40mph when without warning the car lept off the road and I landed in a bush. The car looked fine to look at it but when it was dragged out it looked abit sorry for itself. It was unfortunately a total write off, due to floor panels and various other damage. The good part though was neiter me nor my friend got so much as a scratch, the car took 'all' the impact, and that's what made me go and buy another Clio. I didn't think I could get a better advert for safety that that! By the looks of things neither can your mate, if he'd been in another car he may not have been so lucky.

I have driven may cars and I truely believe the Clio is probably the most stable and safest car I have ever driven.

My condolences to your mate about his car, but at least he's still alive to tell the tale.

Debz XXXxxx

Ph1
polarbert said:
What are you basing that statement on? I wouldn't say mine was easy to roll.

Robin reliants are easy to roll. A low clio with 4 wheels isn't exactly.

He has a point. They do seem easier to get on there roofs than similer cars.