ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Badly dented roof

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
My 182 has some pretty big dents which have been there for years now. Unfortunately I made the mistake of popping the worst ones out by pushing up from inside the car which the PDR guy said will have weakened the metal and cannot be sorted by PDR anymore. What are my options without spending a fortune?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you can find a very good (and that means expensive) panel beater, your only other option is a new roof skin.

a proper metal worker will be able to heat and cool and re-shape it but it’s time consuming and very expensive.

you could take it to Joe Bloggs Bodyshop and have it loaded with filler but because the roof is such a large surface with a lot of flex, it will crack and deteriorate very quickly.

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Unless you can find a very good (and that means expensive) panel beater, your only other option is a new roof skin.

a proper metal worker will be able to heat and cool and re-shape it but it’s time consuming and very expensive.

you could take it to Joe Bloggs Bodyshop and have it loaded with filler but because the roof is such a large surface with a lot of flex, it will crack and deteriorate very quickly.
How expensive for a new roof skin and what's involved in fitting it? Is it not a mission to fit one?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How expensive for a new roof skin and what's involved in fitting it? Is it not a mission to fit one?
The crude description is to Cut one off a breaker (any non sunroof clio will do, all the same) and then cut yours off. Weld, skim, prep and paint.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve changed a roof skin before (after rolling at craners !)
It’s not that difficult but the windscreen needs to come out.
Then it’s just a case of drilling all the spot welds all round.
I bought a complete shell for £50. Removed the roof skin from that and then scrapped the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 rs 182
My 182 has some pretty big dents which have been there for years now. Unfortunately I made the mistake of popping the worst ones out by pushing up from inside the car which the PDR guy said will have weakened the metal and cannot be sorted by PDR anymore. What are my options without spending a fortune?
Try a heat gun or suckshion cup other than that mate its a new skin big job im a panel beater sprayer sorry bruv 😩