ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Baffles ...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hey maz, well normally these two words will put the shitters up any company so much that they will practically be begging you to have a free one.....

you know it.....

TRADING STANDARDS

they know if theyve even bent the smallest rule trading standards will throw the book at them. good luck with whatever you choose to do, look forward to cyin pics if you get a new system...and look forward to pics of them lickin ur butt if you get TS involved.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Take it off and have someone weld it to the magnex MDs car roof.

Failing that weld it to a member of his family.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
rmccardal said:
Take it off and have someone weld it to the magnex MDs car roof.

Failing that weld it to a member of his family.

lol sounds like a plan forming

They won't do anything if you mention trading standards.

Trading standards relates to the retailer which sold you the product...

Did you buy direct from Magnex? I don't know if you can even buy direct from certain manufacturers!

Anyway, you're correct. Although it's annoying and you don't really want to give up and it shouldnt have happened, their aftersales service is crap blah blah blah. They won't do much.

Threatening them with I know lots of friends on CS will usually get you a "I know i'm sorry buy i can't do anything" quote but really they don't care. People will keep buying their products whether their from CS or not as they are a multi-national company. Every company has customers which complain and are un-happy. I'm not criticising the idea of having a go at them, I would be yelling down the phone but i've worked for manufacturers like these before and dealt with similar enquiries and they rarely give in.

I would say your best bet if you did want to try and get something out of them would be to either 1) speak to or 2) write a letter of complaint to the Customer Services Manager or MD of Magnex. If you go for the top, tell them your problems they may get something sorted.

Talking to people lower down the chain has never really got me anywhere in the past.

Hope you get it sorted. If all fails at least you're wise enough to get another s/s cat-back rather than pay renault's stupidly over priced prices!

Last edited:
  FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Write them an e-mail with a copy of this thread, lots of potential buisness possibly lost on here.

I wouldn't touch a magnex now based purley on this thread!

PS get someone to edit out second hand bits ;)

Maz

LY 200
Lol cheers lads for your help and support ..

I will have a think and let you know what I am going to do

Maz :)

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
p1558603_x.jpg

You know it makes sense.

Maz said:
Lol cheers lads for your help and support ..

I will have a think and let you know what I am going to do

EX-172 driver :(
I cannot offer any advice other than what has been said before, but i do hope you write a letter to their customer services department expressing your concerns and dissapointment at the way you have been treated. They basically do not offer a lifetime warranty as they state then. Purely by the way you have been treated i would not buy a magnex branded product as i am not confident they would uphold their warranty. Im sure many people will agree. Good luck and i can only hope they replace your exhaust as its only fair.

Polo GTi
Maz, I have a Magnex on the Willy and the baffles went, I took it to Top Gear in Burnley, they do Powerflow exhausts, anywho, they chopped the box out and whacked me a new one in for £50, took less than 30 mins and they did an excellent job.

Speak to Gaz or Northy they know of a place over your end I think Blueflame, they will be able to do the same thing as Top Gear in Burnley, but I assume they are nearer, Blueflame do custom exhausts too.

Don't bother with a new exhaust just get yours fixed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Maz - not sure if this sounds daft or not, but can you see any batch numbers/production ref. numbers on the Magnex? Even if you don't have a proof of purchase, surely a digi-photo of these sent to them directly with an irrate letter from yours truly would warrant at least some response from them?

As per FM's recommendations above, the lads at Top Gear in Burnley were sound with me. My GTT needed a new section at the rear and they attached one for about 30 notes. Mind you, a straight piece of piping is far less technical than baffles!

Best of luck with it!

D.

A Fast One!
Darren S said:
Maz - not sure if this sounds daft or not, but can you see any batch numbers/production ref. numbers on the Magnex? Even if you don't have a proof of purchase, surely a digi-photo of these sent to them directly with an irrate letter from yours truly would warrant at least some response from them?

As per FM's recommendations above, the lads at Top Gear in Burnley were sound with me. My GTT needed a new section at the rear and they attached one for about 30 notes. Mind you, a straight piece of piping is far less technical than baffles!

Best of luck with it!

D.

i can also vouch for teh quality of the exhaust systems at TG Burnley, all the lads on the CTR forum raved about them when i had one of those but it was miles away for me to drive there from swansea so didnt bother!

most S/S systems state that you must have proof of purchase and it is a limited lifetime warrenty that only covers the original owner of the exhaust on the car it is fitted on. once the car is sold on with the system on it then thats the warrenty over. they are quite clever like that as they know that most people on average only ever keep a car for a maximum of 2 years!

im not sure how much luck your going to have but its worth a quick letter to see where you get. good luck :)

Alex

Maz

LY 200
FlamingMonkey said:
Maz, I have a Magnex on the Willy and the baffles went, I took it to Top Gear in Burnley, they do Powerflow exhausts, anywho, they chopped the box out and whacked me a new one in for £50, took less than 30 mins and they did an excellent job.

Speak to Gaz or Northy they know of a place over your end I think Blueflame, they will be able to do the same thing as Top Gear in Burnley, but I assume they are nearer, Blueflame do custom exhausts too.

Don't bother with a new exhaust just get yours fixed.

Thank you soooooooooo much you are a :star: I was going to go and buy a brand new exhaust .. :eek:

I will get in touch with Northy and Gaz today to see if they can help .. I would rather pay £50 than fight with these b*stards at Magnex ..

Thanks again for all the advice in this thread .. :approve:

Maz :D

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
Maz, as per text and what Monkey has said I reckon your best bet is probably Top Gear or BlueFlame....I had the Williams exhaust made up at Bluflame and they were spot on but I've also used Top Gear who fixed the blowing exhaust on the Nana for £40 notes within 30 mins.

Top Gear isn't to far and is worth the trip to get it sorted once and for all.

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/car/exhausts/index.asp

http://www.topgear.co.uk/contact/burnley.html

Top Gear will not mess u about and charge u over the odds.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Powerflow in Burnley are sh*t hot .
Made me a 172 cat back stainless and fitted in 90 mins , £270 :)

They have franchises throughout the UK , one in Warrington but obviously don't know how good they are . I'm guessin they have to be of a high standard or they would lose their franchise .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlist.cfm?dlr_location=6

I know where i'm goin when my 182's life expires ;)

MrBillyUK !

Maz

LY 200
Cheers lads I will let you know how I get on .. my step has just told me that he knows one of the MDs at Blue flame as we lent them the mak to develop a new exhaust so I am going to see if they can help me first ..

Maz

LY 200
Update:

Just spoken to the nicest man in the world at Magnex Steve Barthorpe .. and my new cat back magnex exhaust system will be with me in two weeks ... :approve: just shows how speaking to the right person helps ..

If you ever have any problems with a magnex exhaust system that is less than 12 months old or under warrenty contact this guy he is ace Steve Barthorpe 01773 876 365

Thanks for all your help with this guys ..

Marie :D

Skoda Fabia vRS
nice one Maz, i was going to offer to ring em up myself as we deal with them at work, but it seems everything is sorted now !

Maz

LY 200
Yeah all sorted .. got the original recipet off the guy who I bought the car from .. and it sort of gave me the confidence which in the end I didn't need as the guy I spoke to was ace ..

Big up to Steve at Magnex .. lol

Marie :)

Maz

LY 200
I don't have an original exhaust Daze I would have to buy one .. just going to put the new magnex on .. cheers for that though :)

Maz

LY 200
Very happy ending Dave ..

Daze .. it was just the back box mate .. I would need a full cat back ..

Marie :)