ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Balls, exhaust fooked... opinions on warranty etc?

OK, had this Prospeed put on last January, loved the sound and the stealthness of it, however after a few months I noticed an almost baffley noise coming from the backbox... nothing loud just a slight bugging noise. Anyway i left it, then a few days ago I started the car and it sounded bloody awful... like it was really blowing in the centre section.... have been a bit busy but just had a look and this is what I found on the centre Section...

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

Now prospeed have a lifetime warranty, so I thought I should take it back and get it replaired/replaced, but on closer inspection I can see that its scraped on the bottom side a couple of times and assume this may be a factor in the splitting of the seal... however should it have split so easily? what are peoples opinions? Warranty job or not?

Thanks in advance

Black 197
If it was me i'd sand paper it down and spray with some high temp paint that protects the exhaust, that way they'd never know i presume

I'm not really the deceptive type to be honest fella. Bit backwards like that but yeah I see where your coming from.

Thats what I was thinking... he was a really sound bloke. Wales is a 400mile round trip for me though :( bit s**t as I was there two weeks ago! arrrrgh lol

Is it simply weldable?

Does he have email? Might email him some pics and ring him in the morning...
Will the car get through an MOT with that?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That won't pass an MOT, but if it was me, i'd weld it back up.

Its a quick job and certainly not worth driving 400 miles!

Cheers for all the replies guys... always count on CS to answer my queries.
Dan... not that easy mate, don't have easy access to welding equipment :( Might stick up a post on here later if anyone I know does.

Charged Superleggera
phone prospeed first mate and tell them your situation and that if its ok for you to get the welding done at a local garage. otherwise if you dont tell them then it may invalidate your lifetime warenty but surely a few scrapes shouldnt make the welds burst open like that so i would look to getting a replacement made. i would look for a local powerflow dealer or exhaust place and get them to make you a new cantre section. will probs be cheaper than the petrol you will use to get to prospeed

Cheers guys.. gonna call Charlie today at some point. Was thinking about swapping the backbox for the 182 type rear box instead anyway.