ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain £37 Karcher deal from Tesco

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I got mine :rasp:
Holy thread bump!!
Ive still got this bad boy, at 12 years old it’s started leaking from places it shouldn’t but still works. Pretty good going for £38!

Probably going to replace it at some point in the future... what do you guys recommend?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Holy thread bump!!
Ive still got this bad boy, at 12 years old it’s started leaking from places it shouldn’t but still works. Pretty good going for £38!

Probably going to replace it at some point in the future... what do you guys recommend?
If you want another one that's chep and cheerful then a K2 Compact will be sweet as a nut

If you want a ood upgrade then get a K4 Full Control :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Personally im never going Karcher or Nilfisk again. I gave up with them after numerous failures and got myself a Kranzle.
If you want something that's decent quality rather than the cheap plastic rubbish units out the the 1050TST from Kranzle

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
£500 though?..

Buy once though. Id had 3 Karcher K2s and 2 Nilfsk C130s in 5 years. and just got so fed up of them intermittently stopping.
Granted Screwfix replaced one of the Karchers under warrenty as did Amazon on the Nilfisk. But you get to a point where you just cant be arsed with the crap Chinese quality of them. The whole Kranzle pump is solid brass with all metal internals etc. The service centre is in Southend, Essex and all parts can be rebuilt or replaced, its all serviceable items, and the quality is a different league to the cheap plastic washers.

So yeah, maybe a few quid more but you get what you pay for.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We have a kranzle in work, the k10. It's our second one over a long period of time. If memory serves the only issue was the lance pipe and the first machine developed a leak.

If I had a budget of £500, sure. But for the hobbiest a karcher sub £100 imo suffices. Horses for courses.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah Kranzle would be nice, I’ve had a Karcher K3.99 for over 10 years and still going. £500 is a lot of money for what I need. £150 to £200 will do me for another one when this one goes.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mentioned it in another thread, had my C110 for about 7 or 8 years and it's still absolutely fine. I lob it about, never drain it in the winter etc and it lives in the garage, never been a problem 🤷‍♂️

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My K2 Karcher gave up after about 2 years, the seals at the outlet near the bottom perished and failed. Having taken it apart, it's a cheap device and I won't buy again.

My F-I-L bought me the Workzone 2.2Kw one from ALDI, and it's been absolutely brilliant. Not sure on availability though, but it's many times better built than the Karcher!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Buy once though. Id had 3 Karcher K2s and 2 Nilfsk C130s in 5 years....

So yeah, maybe a few quid more but you get what you pay for.
As this thread points out I’ve had this one for 12 years almost... I don’t need to spend hundreds on a new machine!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
As this thread points out I’ve had this one for 12 years almost... I don’t need to spend hundreds on a new machine!
You're lucky Sash, as have some others been. Seems to be a proper lottery with these things.
I got fed up with the cheap plastic items constantly failing, i spent more on crap items breaking than i did on one decent quality item which has been flawless.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I've had my k2 since 2006 and while it's clearly aging, still does a half decent job.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the karcher low end ones have plastic internals iirc.. impellers and such. Nilfisk are metal so I understand..

If you use it for 30 minutes once a month it'll probably last a lot longer in real terms than someone who hammers hours of use weekly.

Still like you say, a lottery.

I've had my nilfisk c120 for 5 years, with low use.. only thing I've bought for it is a new longer hose as the original one is a bit gravel rashes and had a link in it the other month so I assume it will fail soon..

All being modular is brilliant, don't need the gun too. Was a few quid on Amazon or eBay (I can't remember).

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Got nothing to lose so dismantled it...
554412D0-D6E2-498D-9806-397E5A332AC6.jpeg

monaco 172
I bought a K2 last year, perfectly fine for washing the car.

I think it's when you start trying to clean a full driveway etc they start to fail.

Got a k7 at work and it's had some serious hammer and still going strong

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
My last K5 X range lasted over eight years, last year wickes were doing them for £168, so just replaced like with like. Gets hammered three cars huge patio & general cleaning duties.
The cheap ones don’t have the high pressure of the expensive ones so get a better model you will notice huge difference.

megane 285 sport
Dont think the smaller units like snow foam lances either, mine smaller karcher packed in after using it a hand full of times with a lance.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Had this for 3 years now 2000w and 160 bar. It comes with every lance you’d need..even has wheels on it!!..and an add bonus was my snow foam lance fitted it. The spray nozzle on the main lance varies from wide to very norrow which is perfect for the car. The only problem was the hi pressure hose..it was so stiff and kept coiling back up while using it so swapped it for a 15m rubber one and it’s been perfect. Why pay £500 when a £100 one does the same??
952E19F5-F1F1-47DE-B77D-D102D3129DD4.jpeg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Was just about to ask how you got on. Sounds like a win win then :)
So I’ve replaced all the O rings and thought I’d sussed it... but unfortunately it’s still leaking, not as bad though so a slight win!

So I guess I’ll just carry on with it until it actually blows up!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The high pressure hose is the one thing that boils my piss about my karcher. It's too short and clios itself up as soon as you look away from it. I need to look into changing it sometime soon.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I was getting very frustrated with it A) leaking like a sieve and B) not doing snow foam very well because of the lack of pressure so I bit the bullet and bought it’s big brother the K4 Full Control.
£38 & 12 years later it’s curtains for the K2. The K4 is a big chunk heavier and feels much better built. Here’s to the next 12 years!
😁

C115A051-637A-4864-B748-A73CF7495746.jpeg

Unfortunately won’t have time to try it out today as I’ve got work in a short while but hopefully I’ll get chance tomorrow.

anyone want a still working but leaky K2?

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
We've had a k4 for the past 3+ years and touch wood never had a problem with it.

Just bought a new flexible rubber hose for so that should improve it. That's the thing I dont like about them is the hose keeps curling up at any opportunity

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you prime them before just using them

Plug the water in and hold the trigger until only water comes out of the lance, then turn it on. It will last a lot longer rather than trying to compress air all the time

I hate it when people don't prime them, really urks me something fierce