ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bargain powerflow exhaust!

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Picked up a powerflow exhaust off of eBay and only bid £72 which I felt was a bargain! Picked it up and was surprised just how good the condition was, centre section and back boxs still shiny with minimal rust on two tiny sections! It is the full system with decat and straight through 2.5" bore centre section leading to twin back box. This system is, erm, loud! Haha but only when accelerating when cruising it isn't really that loud which I find is great! It sounds amazing also when you hit that 5k rev range and the note changes to a real rasp! I'm geussin I can expect some gains from this system, any idea how much? I'm thinkin about 8bhp?

Civic Type S GT
Don't expect many gains at all with a powerflow, I used to have a custom made one on my old Ibiza gti, it sounded the nuts when pressing the loud pedal but was a nightmare on the motorway. Also felt like I had lost some top end power to.
As for the quality of the exhaust, mine was fantastic, never had any problems with it.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
Ok fair enough! I didn't buy it for the gains anyway was more because
my standard had just about fallen off! Haha how come lose? Increased airflow from a exhaust but still provide enough back pressure for the na engine to function properly as rev range is solid throughout without pointless reving like when a exhaust loses too much back pressure, such as if it's blowing etc? Il probs modify it eventually and cut it down into a cat back and maybe put a small centre silencer in it if it gets louder on
motorway etc.