ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barnett's ph2 odyssey first car

Arctic 182FF
Got a recent picture?
This is the most recent picture from a few days ago, hopefully will be looking better than this tomorrow though.
2012-12-13_12-09-48_489.jpg

Arctic 182FF
I've decided to keep the centre caps off; I think it would have been a bit much to have a huge, solid block of white if the centre caps were on. Planning on getting polarised bolts to freshen up the look of the centres though

Arctic 182FF
Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone!
Little update, got a decent picture courtesy of theycallmepaul from the December meet in Manchester a few weeks ago.
Just shows the result of spraying the top grill satin black and refurbing the headlights. The marks around the headlights are just bits of masking tape that I couldn't get off :p
IMG_1039.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Yeah it was fine, got the tyre sorted the next day and all is well now.

Just done all the badges in white to match the wheels and will be sorting the bullets after christmas. After that there probably won't be much progress for a while because of insurance, tax, service and MOT all being due early February. Although future plans include: colour code front bumper inserts and spoiler, 172 rear bumper, spacers all round and polarised wheel bolts.

Arctic 182FF
Car had a full service today and a new cambelt.
Also picked up some new parts today, some of which weren't actually part of my plans but you can't ignore a bargain! ;) will update tomorrow with pictures if I manage to get it all done :)

Arctic 182FF
Haha I know it is mate but I'm not done fitting the new parts yet, took longer than I thought and the Liverpool game is on in a minute so got to have a break for that. Not sure if finished pics will be up today but I'll take a pic of the parts I'm going to be putting in just for you Jesus you impatient bugger :p

Arctic 182FF
Update! Picked up a few new parts yesterday. One that was in my plans anyway...
2013-01-13_13-25-43_439_zps0159b11a.jpg

It's a terrible picture but it's a colour coded spoiler from a 172. This should be going on next weekend hopefully.

The other bits I picked up weren't in my plans but I'm really glad I did get them! It's a sports interior, all the seats and doorcards now fitted. Just the one picture since it was very dark by the time I finished.

2013-01-13_18-34-42_123_zpsf77ee89d.jpg

Also, I decided to try to continue the white theme inside the car too by white carbon wrapping a few bits.
2013-01-13_18-34-01_529_zpscede5287.jpg

2013-01-13_18-34-12_74_zps3cacab32.jpg

Haven't seen anyone else do this but I tried to wrap the steering wheel diamond. It didn't come out very well because I damaged it in the process of taking it out but I've ordered a new one, hopefully that will come out better

2013-01-13_18-34-20_451_zpsf6e029f1.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Thanks :) no it's Odyssey blue but the spoiler is from a ph1 172 which were odyssey so all is good.

Just noticed that the 2 is coming off on the gear insert. Must've done that today, it's my own fault for being impatient and putting it in before using clear lacquer on it. Will get another one and not be such a child with that one :eek:

Oh nicely played! :) My 'Renaultsport' sticker on the steering wheel did the same thing... the L fell off!

Arctic 182FF
Yeah saved me a bit on spraying costs :) ah that sucks, not the end of the world though, especially since I didn't put mine on straight :p
On the hunt for a 172 steering wheel now to finish off the interior but funds are a bit tight :( probably won't have any updates now (except when I fit the spoiler) until after my birthday in March.

Can't believe how much there still is to do before I'm completely happy with it! Seems so stupid to be spending all this money on a 1.2 but I'll be keeping it for at least the next 3 years so I want to be proud of the car I'm driving in that time, appearance wise at least! :p

That's the best way mate! Make it your own whilst it's in your posession... you can always reverse the mods and get your money back when you come to sell it :approve:

TT QS
Not keen on wrapping usually. That looks ace. And I was waiting all my break to see what you'd done. Now I'm just dossing lol. Good addictions

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hope all the smaller trim bits were there for the interior? Think I got it all but it wasn't me that stripped it, it was one of the lads who works for mike at Mwm and it was dark when I went to collect it all.

Arctic 182FF
Not keen on wrapping usually. That looks ace. And I was waiting all my break to see what you'd done. Now I'm just dossing lol. Good addictions
Thanks a lot :) I wasn't expecting much love for the wrapping but just got a bit bored of the interior. Sorry to keep you waiting lol

Hope all the smaller trim bits were there for the interior? Think I got it all but it wasn't me that stripped it, it was one of the lads who works for mike at Mwm and it was dark when I went to collect it all.

Yeah everything I could've wanted was in there, thanks again Chip! :)

Arctic 182FF
Got around to fitting the new spoiler today. Pics:

Before
2013-01-19_14-02-48_99_zpsf762d75d.jpg

After
2013-01-19_15-26-36_88_zps8e660a24.jpg

2013-01-19_15-26-46_149_zpsd69455c1.jpg

Just want a 172 rear bumper to finish off the back end now.
Next on the to do list is fitting 15mm spacers all around but I want extended locking bolts before I do that.

Arctic 182FF
Next addition to match the interior:
2013-01-24_22-56-23_885.jpg

2013-01-24_22-56-14_620.jpg

I was sold this as a 172 steering wheel but it seems to have gaps where the cruise control buttons and stuff were. Does anyone know if there is anything I can get to cover up these gaps?

Arctic 182FF
Haha I probably should've said apart from the actual buttons :p I didn't think 172s had cruise control so wouldn't have the gap for the buttons? Or could it be because the airbag is from a 182 steering wheel? Could I get like blank buttons to go there or something? It would annoy me to have buttons that don't actually work.

Yeah the airbag fills the gaps on non-CC cars. I'd just put the buttons there tbh, there's no such thing as blanks unless you make your own.

Arctic 182FF
I should really look into things before buying them... haha. Could get a 172 airbag off ebay for £16 posted. Unless my standard, non-sport airbag would fit it the same? Looks the same shape but not sure about the colour match. A job for the weekend I think :)

Arctic 182FF
Yeah I'll be needing that airbag Dan. Just took off my non-sport airbag and tried it out but it's a slightly different colour, more of a dark blue than a black... curse you Renault.

Arctic 182FF
Small update today. (pic heavy)

Received some Brembo discs and pads from G172 the brake man on here. These will be going on next weekend.

2013-01-28_23-54-05_260_zpsa5e25e3c.jpg

Before my MOT the other week I took out the HID kit I had in *prepares for lynching for having HIDs in reflectors* to put standard ones back in. To avoid being hated by everyone on here I decided to get some Osram nightbreakers which seem to come highly recommended. Also re-fitted the HID full beams as I only ever use those when there isn't anyone else about so no chance of blinding everone.
Here's a comparison of old vs new. New is on the passenger side, right hand side as you look at the picture. Was a bit disappointed that the nightbreakers weren't as white as I thought they'd be but they're still better than standard I think.

2013-02-01_14-46-14_819_zps244ba5c3.jpg

Spacers for the front also came today. Had endless trouble trying to get them on though...

2013-02-01_15-58-13_689_zps98529da1.jpg

2013-02-01_15-58-25_9_zpse805cba7.jpg

Since putting the coilovers on it's been much harder to jack up the front than the back. So when I was trying to put the spacers on the front I managed to break my scissor jack, then had to reverse off it to get it out of the way because I couldn't make it go back down. Here's what it looked like afterwards:

2013-02-01_16-03-41_618_zps262f367c.jpg

Anyway, I took the opportunity to get myself a decent jack because I had been wanting a hydraulic one for a while. Nipped out and got one, got back to my car to find that it was too low for the jack to fit under. had to sort of angle the jack under and just about managed to do it.

2013-02-01_16-41-37_685_zpsce746ff5.jpg

Excuse the filthy car. It's now spaced 16mm all around, will get pics up when it's clean and looking pretty.

Exactly same spacers as mine ;)

And I have the same problem with the jacks as well. If I want to lift up the front, I have to use the scissor jack to lift it up a little bit so I can get the hydrologic jack under. Proper pain!

Arctic 182FF
Exactly same spacers as mine ;)

And I have the same problem with the jacks as well. If I want to lift up the front, I have to use the scissor jack to lift it up a little bit so I can get the hydrologic jack under. Proper pain!

What can I say, they were the cheapest ones I could find haha. Anything more than 16mm would be too far out anyway since the offset already makes them sit out an extra 10mm

That does sound like a pain! At least you can still use your scissor jack though! I wanted to lower mine about another 10mm at the front too but having second thoughts now from a practicality point of view.

Arctic 182FF
Pic from the Cardiff meet yesterday (from Matt W). Kinda shows the stance from the front, it's the only decent picture I have at the moment.
Calvin_Cardiff_zpsb7beb69f.jpg

Think it's spaced out just about right if I do say so myself. Still can't get that masking tape off the front bumper :( Should be some pretty major changes in a few weeks, watch this space ;)

TT QS
Same spacers as me too. The photo for the front looks good. Same thing happened with the jack. I got a low jack for Christmas. Practical present ftw! Lol