ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barnett's ph2 odyssey first car

Arctic 182FF
Same spacers as me too. The photo for the front looks good. Same thing happened with the jack. I got a low jack for Christmas. Practical present ftw! Lol
Ah lucky you! Can't see myself getting another jack after literally just buying that one. Looks over practicality for the win!

EDIT: Thanks for saying it looks good :eek:

What happened to your spare wheel well!?
8248405817_2c49d6094f_b.jpg

;)

Arctic 182FF
You decided to put exhausts through it? (excuse me if I'm wrong but I have no idea what it'd normally look like in that state) :p

Lol, 182's don't come with one as they have two backboxes as standard. The only flat I've ever had was in this car too!

Arctic 182FF
Lol, 182's don't come with one as they have two backboxes as standard. The only flat I've ever had was in this car too!
I knew they came with 2 backboxes as standard but thought they would've gone around the spare wheel well. You learn something new everyday!

Looks nice mate, much better with the spacers.
Thanks! Yeah it had been needing them for a while really but the spacers I wanted weren't in stock for a few months. Have I seen you around in Bristol? Pretty sure I saw you on Filton Avenue once?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Thanks! Yeah it had been needing them for a while really but the spacers I wanted weren't in stock for a few months. Have I seen you around in Bristol? Pretty sure I saw you on Filton Avenue once?

Possibly, I haven't had my car since the end of November due to having 3 lots of spinal surgery so I'm unable to drive ATM. Hopefully be back on the road soon with a bit of luck. Miss driving so much.

Arctic 182FF
Possibly, I haven't had my car since the end of November due to having 3 lots of spinal surgery so I'm unable to drive ATM. Hopefully be back on the road soon with a bit of luck. Miss driving so much.
Wow, unlucky! I wish you a speedy road to recovery! Ah it couldn't have been you then since the car I saw was in early December.

Arctic 182FF
A bit of a setback today. Whilst giving some of my friends a lift, the extra weight in the back caused the tyres to scrub the arches, the tyre walls are now fooked so I've taken off the spacers from the back, ordered some 6mm ones instead and ordered some new tyres.
Pics of the damage:

2013-02-08_16-51-42_0_zpsaea51d87.jpg

2013-02-08_16-51-34_904_zps1954ad50.jpg

Ouch :( that's why I'm not friends with fat people ;) you should've made them get out and walk lol.

Are your wheels dead wide then cause I've got 16mm spacers on the back and they are a few mm away from scrubbing.

Arctic 182FF
Ouch :( that's why I'm not friends with fat people ;) you should've made them get out and work lol.

Are your wheels dead wide then cause I've got 16mm spacers on the back and they are a few mm away from scrubbing.

Haha they weren't even fat so I don't understand why the springs compressed quite so much really.

I don't think they're wide, but when I bought them I was told that the offset made them sit out 10mm more than standard, which means they were spaced 26mm all around, but I thought that was still do-able without them scrubbing? I guess I could've gone for camber bolts or something but it's just more expenditure that I can't be arsed with. The Brembos are going on tomorrow and I've got big plans for the following weekend so the smaller spacers will have to do for now.

Arctic 182FF
New Brembo discs and pads went on today. Also wound the coilovers down a bit more, about 15mm more at the front and took the rear adjusters out. Will get pics up on Sunday most likely to show new stance as spacers should be here by then.

Out with the old:
2013-02-09_10-11-00_947_zpsd21c6465.jpg

In with the new!
2013-02-09_10-26-43_895_zps34b7d877.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Biggest update since coilovers!! (pic heavy)

I've been fairly busy recently with new parts. Had the new brakes fitted last weekend and had the coilovers wound down then too.

This week I've done a stud conversion with some neo chrome nuts (unfortunately I was sent the wrong length studs so I've had to take the spacers off the front for the time being), also got some diadem indicator bulbs for the front. The big part of the update is the 172 rear bumper and complete colour coding (front bumper inserts and door handles as I'd already done spoiler and side strips).
I'll just let the pics do the talking...

Nuts:
2013-02-18_14-42-06_546_zps1fb2a2b2.jpg

Door handles:
2013-02-18_14-46-24_200_zps119fafa1.jpg

Lowered:
2013-02-18_14-46-35_860_zps4a7d55e3.jpg

172 rear:
2013-02-18_14-44-04_799_zpsb1d245c1.jpg

Poser shots:
2013-02-18_14-42-33_523_zps655a8ead.jpg

2013-02-18_14-44-18_701_zpsd7e38538.jpg

2013-02-18_14-44-44_470_zps124c40cb.jpg

Really happy with how it looks now. I think the 172 rear bumper really transformed the back end, I was thinking of going back to standard rear clusters but I think these look better with the new bumper. Also happy with the ride height now and think it looks overall a bit more modern and fresh now it's colour coded.

Comments and (constructive) criticism welcome :)

EDIT: All colour coding and spraying done by richwilkins50 on here. Couldn't recommend enough! Great work, good prices, nice guy and lovely car!

Last edited:
  Arctic 182FF
Thanks for the kind words guys :) studs were from rarerims at £1 a stud. As stated though I was sent the wrong ones, I have emailed them about it but had no reply so far :/ the nuts were some used ones from ebay, put a cheeky bid on and managed to get them cheap ~£20 posted. They're not much more new but I thought why not save a few quid.

TT QS
didnt you have your wheels done at city powder coating? mine are going there tomorrow. cant wait for them to be done

Arctic 182FF
didnt you have your wheels done at city powder coating? mine are going there tomorrow. cant wait for them to be done

Yeah that's right. Pretty happy with the work they did for the price to be honest! They're just a bit of a pain to get hold of and I ended up waiting outside for a few hours because they told me they were ready when they actually weren't. Shouldn't be a problem for you since you're from Birmingham anyway though, what colour are you going for out of interest?

Looks nice now mate, glad ur happy with the paintwork! ;)

Really happy with it, thanks again.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
are they fk rear lights? im unsure whether to keep my lights or get some fk's. The pin holes off the clio badge are a pain, are you planning on smoothing them?

Arctic 182FF
are they fk rear lights? im unsure whether to keep my lights or get some fk's. The pin holes off the clio badge are a pain, are you planning on smoothing them?

Yes they are fk LED rear lights, wasn't sure about them until I put the 172 bumper on but really like the way the back end looks now. They definitely didn't look as good with a standard non-sport bumper in my opinion, check out some of the earlier pics if you're interested.

Yeah I do need to get that sorted, I had every intention of putting the clio badge back in until my mum binned it whilst it was drying on some newspaper after being sprayed white. I'll look into how much it would be to get it smoothed and could be something to do in the future as I'm very quickly running out of ideas.

TT QS
Yeah that's right. Pretty happy with the work they did for the price to be honest! They're just a bit of a pain to get hold of and I ended up waiting outside for a few hours because they told me they were ready when they actually weren't. Shouldn't be a problem for you since you're from Birmingham anyway though, what colour are you going for out of interest?
i didnt even bother ringing up after reading on here that you get an angry scottish man shouting at you lol.

did you see the pearl blue colour they do? its really nice and for £30 a wheel i cant complain, its slightly more for the pearl colour

Arctic 182FF
i didnt even bother ringing up after reading on here that you get an angry scottish man shouting at you lol.

did you see the pearl blue colour they do? its really nice and for £30 a wheel i cant complain, its slightly more for the pearl colour

Haha fair enough.

No I didn't happen to see that colour whilst I was there actually, sounds interesting though! I notice your progress thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. Be sure to post some pics when they're done!

TT QS
Haha fair enough.

No I didn't happen to see that colour whilst I was there actually, sounds interesting though! I notice your progress thread hasn't been updated in quite some time. Be sure to post some pics when they're done!

there was only one wheel that wasnt white, grey or black and it happened to be that blue.

i gave up with that a long time ago but once the wheels are on and a couple of more additions ill get my mate to take some good photos.
cant wait to see some of the other non sports at css. should be a good turn out

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Yes they are fk LED rear lights, wasn't sure about them until I put the 172 bumper on but really like the way the back end looks now. They definitely didn't look as good with a standard non-sport bumper in my opinion, check out some of the earlier pics if you're interested.

Yeah I do need to get that sorted, I had every intention of putting the clio badge back in until my mum binned it whilst it was drying on some newspaper after being sprayed white. I'll look into how much it would be to get it smoothed and could be something to do in the future as I'm very quickly running out of ideas.

ah yeah i see what you mean now, they do look much better with a sport bumper. Thanks for that, think ill be sticking the lights i have at the moment then.

haha oops! As for the jack i have the same problem, i have to reverse onto a brick then onto a ramp to get a hydraulic jack under. If i get a flat it'll be a call to the AA!

Arctic 182FF
Haven't done anything to the car for ages. Came back from finishing uni placement last weekend so decided to do a few bits this week.
Had a proper clean inside and out and tried out the camera on my new phone and got around to using the turtlewax I bought about 6 months ago.
IMAG0303_1_zpsb87f7e34.jpg

Then decided it was about time I sprayed the rear bumper insert as it was all grey and faded when I first got it. Still had some satin black paint left over from when I sprayed the grill, so gave it a quick rub down and spray.
Before
2013-02-18_14-44-04_799_zpsb1d245c1.jpg

After
IMAG0313_zps53850ad1.jpg

I'd had a skoda splitter siting under my bed for months on end and as I'd damaged my old splitter I thought it was time for a change. (Use first pic for before photo)
After
IMAG0314_zps9dd20747.jpg

Only small things I know but an update all the same.

Would like to get some different alloys in the near future, so looking for a swap atm if anyone's interested.

Arctic 182FF
Love this thread, such a good read & the car looks so nice mate. :D

Thanks for the kind words :) I'm still not really happy with it as I've gone off the alloys and would like some xenons. But I do occasionally see it from certain angles and think hmm, that does look pretty damn good. :p (not sure if that's vein but oh well)

TT QS
Thanks for the kind words :) I'm still not really happy with it as I've gone off the alloys and would like some xenons. But I do occasionally see it from certain angles and think hmm, that does look pretty damn good. :p (not sure if that's vein but oh well)

i walk away from mine and think that alllllll the time haha. Way wheels are you thinking of getting? I fancy getting rid of my 172 winter wheels for some 182 ones but need them cheap

Arctic 182FF
i walk away from mine and think that alllllll the time haha. Way wheels are you thinking of getting? I fancy getting rid of my 172 winter wheels for some 182 ones but need them cheap

Haha glad I'm not the only one! I fancy either some 172 alloys or some oz f1s and refurb them in anthracite/dark grey. Want something a bit more OEMish but in anth really. Once I get a bit of money in I'll buy some, get them refurbished, then sell on my current wheels. Hopefully I'll get decent money for these wheels since they're still mint.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I saw you parked by Gardner Haskins a few weeks ago. It was filthy then lol! Looks good mate.

Arctic 182FF
Glad to see you still have plenty of love for this car :)

Thanks Chip. I really do love this car, only problem I have is that I wish it was a bit faster. Not insanely quick but I just wish it was a dci 100 or something similar so that it had a bit more pull in it, especially in the lower rev range. However as I probably won't be getting any decent amounts of money for a while as I'm a student, I will probably keep running this car until it dies.

I swear I saw you over the weekend near Brislington retail park??

Could well have done, I got a bit lost on the way back from a football match on Saturday, would've been at about 4pm?

Arctic 182FF
I saw you parked by Gardner Haskins a few weeks ago. It was filthy then lol! Looks good mate.

Yeah that would've been me, up until last week I lived in the flats right by there. Yeah it would've been filthy :eek: white wheels are so hard to keep clean! :dapprove:
Thanks though :)

Did you spray your front bumper insert yourself?

Want to get mine done but im unsure whether to send it to SS or do it myself (did my own doorstrips)