ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic 182 tuning

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Hey all. Just bought a 2nd hand 182, black gold with cup packs and Recaro Trendlines :D . Should get it next weekend...!
Am just wondering what the consensus is on the "basic" tuning options available for the 182, eg K&N air filter, different spark plugs etc.
Anyone fitted any of these modifications, do they make a real difference? What happened to the warrenty?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
modded inlets, can't recommend them enough

i have mine done, best value for money

Cupped 182 with Recaros
gt_gazmodded inlets, can't recommend them enough

i have mine done, best value for money
didn't see your post before submitting mine, apologies! Will look into it...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they'll never spot the inlets, they never did on mine!!!

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Fletch123 said:
I'd keep it standard, otherwise Renault won't fix it under warranty.

That's my main concern, the car still has 2 years warranty left on it.

inlets will go un-seen if warranty work needs to be carried out.

things like chips, ecu re-flashes, piggyback ecu's, complete new ecu's can be seen fairly easily.

If renault feel the mods you have made to the car have caused the issue which the car is in for warranty work then they can refuse to work on it. If the mods you have made have no way caused the problem the car has gone in for then they have to work on it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
what he said^ the ecu cahnges etc can be seen on reno's diagnostic clip computer fairly easily. Oh and nice car, i'd love one ;)

Cupped 182 with Recaros
glad you like the sound of the car, I looked high and low for a really nice one, eventually found it in Newcastle, 350 miles from where I live!

are air-filters really not worth the bother? Pretty visible tho, which could be a problem...!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ppysjrh said:
glad you like the sound of the car, I looked high and low for a really nice one, eventually found it in Newcastle, 350 miles from where I live!

are air-filters really not worth the bother? Pretty visible tho, which could be a problem...!

yeah, love the recaros, i want a black 182 with them!!! air filters i would'nt bother with, unless its an ITG panel filter (direct replacement) or a maxogen (enclosed cone filter)

Leon Cupra 300
i could be interested in this. is there anyone in the leeds area which can do it?

and do you reccomend getting the fueling changed? dont really fancy doing it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i might have some for sale (plenham and inlet) for a cup.....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nope, its done to the gaskets as these are metal stamped and are very accurate... pm ben r he'll tell you all the technical specs etc....

not 100% sure on the sale yet, i'll know by next weekend though :)

Leon Cupra 300
ok ill give him a shout. so they are all the same really, could you end up loosing power if you were unlucky?!?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nope, appaently the castings all differ in quality, some really poor with lots of flashing etc, but just by puting the two side by side you could see how much meal had been machined out

Leon Cupra 300
how much improvement have you noticed in power? i just want a bit more because ive got used to it now. car felt quick when i got it, now it doesnt even though it goes just as fast!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
fmp_ said:
BTB exhaust system.

what did these retail at in the end? and did any power graphs get done? if so what was the gain?

thinking of getting a 182, and would love one of these.....

clio 200 F4Rt
looks like maddog is on the ball! cheers mate!

yup BTB is 595.00, and had good gains across the entire rev range, both bhp and torque.

systems are being produced at moment, with a few people already paid a deposit (the sensible among us!)

vid is here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2467033374763237041

and in car sounds are here (lap of 'ring):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3905833701476127988

Note that the exhaust in those video's is manifold back, so decatted (with a silencer box instead of cat) so final exhaust may be slightly quiter with cat, or slightly louder with a straight through decat pipe!

182 - conneries de c
I sooooooooooo want one of those BTB exhausts for the sound alone!

Bonus being the increase in bhp.

Time to sell the kids and cancel the holiday!

fmp_

When are they likely to be ready for delivery or fitment?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Alot of mods available...Depends of your wallet.

Spk to:

Ben @AWT
Fred or Andrew @ Yozzasport
Mark Fish

clio 200 F4Rt
benR - do have graphs, but they are not scanned in, will get them from joe and see what we can do!

maddog - car is at BTB as we speak, having final adjustments made, once thats done we will be commissioning 10 systems to be made. This will probably take 3-4 weeks, depending on how busy BTB are.

If your interested we are taking deposits of 100 pounds. And when ready we can send it to you or you can come down and we will fit it for free!

clio 200 F4Rt
we did look into it briefly, but like the 182 we would need a car for around 2 weeks (anyone want to donate a car :D), and the inital development system would cost in the region of 1400 pounds (the 182 system has cost us nigh on 2k to get to a final stage).

If there is enough demand for one, then we are more than happy to take it on, and get it into production! Which in turn would bring prices down to similar to the 182 system.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
i have already offered you my car so that still stands if you want to look into it, i think joe pm's me a while back saying btb dont make them for 172 due to emmsions of noise or something

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Yeah, news on the 172 systems is that btb have produced 172 silencersin the past for Palmer sport and have had trouble meeting the noise requirements of Bedford as a result the silencers take a long time to produce and cost over £800 each!! I'm looking into other high quality race exhaust manufacturers (that doesn't mean H&S or Prospeed!!!) to have a it prototyped and produced, i have a few leads i need to try.

182 - conneries de c
Thanks fmp_ for the info.

I will be in touch asap to chat about an exhaust!

Cheers

Kevin

fmp_ said:
looks like maddog is on the ball! cheers mate!

yup BTB is 595.00, and had good gains across the entire rev range, both bhp and torque.

systems are being produced at moment, with a few people already paid a deposit (the sensible among us!)

vid is here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2467033374763237041

and in car sounds are here (lap of 'ring):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3905833701476127988

Note that the exhaust in those video's is manifold back, so decatted (with a silencer box instead of cat) so final exhaust may be slightly quiter with cat, or slightly louder with a straight through decat pipe!

your saxo vid on there is quality!

182 - conneries de c
Just watched the video of the ring!

Got so caught up with the commentary and the speed that I completly forgot I was watching it for the exhaust sound!!

Cracking vid and awsome sounding exhaust (heard on the second viewing!)

fmp_ you have been pm'd

Cheers

Kevin