ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

Audi A5
cant remember, was a while ago when he built that. looking at the pics in the link you've put up I cant see anything major cut out so I guess your be ok.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
cant remember, was a while ago when he built that. looking at the pics in the link you've put up I cant see anything major cut out so I guess your be ok.

I'll take some pictures so can be compared to a totally standard car like Nicks :) The doors, boot, bumpers,bonnet,windows,dash etc need replacing mind!

Not to mention some oily bits in the engine bay as Daniel has pointed out :eek:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Mines going to be seriously lacking in sponsor stickers etc :dapprove:

WRX
Do tell? I'm looking at buying my race numbers etc at Oulton Park tomorrow, given the N2Grapics haven't got back to me.
Got two photos of my Dad with a dedication message done for my passenger door mate (one internal and one external) He can't be here to help in person but he can in spirit. Worth a second a lap to me.
Forgot about Merlin being there, have to go and have a browse.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Maybe ;) and I have had 6 cans of stella.

Fair play. I can drink 10 cans of cider and still be fine, 6 cans of Stella and I'd be dribbling, fighting the wife and f**king the dog! That's a bad bad drink!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
According to those regs, it would appear that Trophy dampers will be fine to use so long as the car used is itself a trophy, as its standard OEM equipment on that model?

I think Kelv's shell just went up in value a lot ;)

LOL

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
According to those regs, it would appear that Trophy dampers will be fine to use so long as the car used is itself a trophy, as its standard OEM equipment on that model?

I think Kelv's shell just went up in value a lot ;)

LOL

He's already broken it as far as im aware. I considered buying it for the basic race series, but the regs werent drafted in time.

Oh, & he wanted too much considering what i sold it to Nick for.

Sachs dampers wouldnt be allowed as they are remote reservoir, although it would appear that JMS RS2's are, after all, it is just an aftermarket air filter.

b] Induction System free – after market air filters allowed [ filter must be a branded item available commercially ie no one off’s specials .] and must be fitted in the engine bay

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Afraid I deifnitely won't be racing this year, confirmed house purchase rules that out.

But, I will be attending to spectate / annoy people as much as possible :)

Those seeking sponsorship, pay me £5 each and i'll happily let you put a sticker for 'Cubsport' on the side ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He's already broken it as far as im aware. I considered buying it for the basic race series, but the regs werent drafted in time.

Sachs dampers wouldnt be allowed as they are remote reservoir

Nothing in the regs actually covers what to do if standard dampers are remote reservoir TBH.

In one breath it says standard, in the next it says no remote reservoir, which leaves trophy owners in a weird no-mans land, lol.

although it would appear that JMS RS2's are, after all, it is just an aftermarket air filter.

No its a new inlet manifold, although it does retain the original single throttle so there are plenty of forms of motorsport that do class that as allowed where they typically just ban mutlithrottles.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pretty happy with that reading tbh. No brake ducts or PMS top mounts allowed though :( - TBH I kinda saw that coming.

Interesting though that technically the RS2 would be allowed on standard cams but shame remapping to compensate for it wouldn't be.