ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Basic spec Renaultsport Clio Race Series

RS Clio 172 Cup
Looks good and low cost to me, definitely interested in this.

Shame about adjustable dampers since I've just bought a set but completely understand why non adjustable has been stipulated.

Clio
Permitted – Uprated /lowered springs are permitted. Non-adjustable uprated dampers are permitted providing they mount on the standard mounts.

i thought it was to be standard dampers, surely someone could go out and spend a few £k on race spec non adjustable dampers?
also i thought it was clio only!, but hey, the more the merrier!

Audi A5
Steering wheels are free I thought I read...

Ah yes, I read it wrong I read this and thought steering wheel, when that's for the actual wheels lol.

14. WHEELS/STEERING
Wheels must remain standard dimensions for the model being raced. After market may be used if they conform to the size requirements. Steering locks to be rendered inoperative unless cars are driven to the circuit, in accordance with blue book.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Permitted – Uprated /lowered springs are permitted. Non-adjustable uprated dampers are permitted providing they mount on the standard mounts.

i thought it was to be standard dampers, surely someone could go out and spend a few £k on race spec non adjustable dampers?
also i thought it was clio only!, but hey, the more the merrier!

Was never to be clios only as it's held with French trophy series.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
So when they say model raced if I have a 182 shell surely I can still run 172 wheel dimensions I.e 15's?

They just mean Renaultsport Clio by model surely?

Megane 225 F1
I'm not saying I want to race my Megane, but it just occurred to me that it only mentioned French Cars allowed and not mention restrictions on the type.

Would come under class though, you're right.

Best start saving my moneys to start a Clio Race car.

Cup In bits
172 cups are the car to have with them regs it seems.

PMS top mounts and strut brace are allowed according current regs.

Also it looks like they will impose a minimum weight too which will be good for fairness.

Being an open French class it looks like Clio's won't be the cars doing the winning when it gets up and running, most that are looking to compete from here said wont bother them though.

Lionel Richie
right then just off the phone to custom cages and they're happy to do us a group buy (through BTM) on their 6 point clubman which is RRP £480+vat (£576) but at group buy price i can do them at £525 + delivery depending on numbers (5 people minimum)

RS Clio 172 Cup
Sorry to ask what is most likely a dumb question but what is involved in fitting a cage. I've heard people talking about what a pain it is. Is this something I would be able to do myself or most likely taking it somewhere to get fitted professionally. I have quite basic mechanical expertise btw ;)

edit... just seen above post by Fred. I'll as the question in the appropriate thread rather than pollute this one

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys, how does this sound for a spec list for the car. ALL opinions welcome! I'm going shopping this week and want to make sure i've got everything. We're taking time off work to get it all done/fitted and if I forget something, i'll get punched.

It's a clio 172 Cup.

15 inch wheels
4 x new shocks
4 x springs. (Cooksports?)
Polybush everything that can be.
uprated engine mounts and dog bone mount.
New TRE's/ball joints/top mounts.
Camber bolts.
182 Manifold, link pipe and a Ktec stealth. (As I already have one)
Brembo discs, ds3000 pads at the front. Standard rear brakes. (All new)
Air filter
Battery relocation
Fire extinguisher
Roll cage
Battery isolator.

Is there anything missing from there that I need to consider?

WRX
Not sure on camber bolts yet mate. Waiting for clarification, I mentioned it to Steve today. Cage from Fred's group buy?
No great shakes if you forget something now, we've got nearly 6 months yet ffs.

Guys, how does this sound for a spec list for the car. ALL opinions welcome! I'm going shopping this week and want to make sure i've got everything. We're taking time off work to get it all done/fitted and if I forget something, i'll get punched.

It's a clio 172 Cup.

15 inch wheels
4 x new shocks
4 x springs. (Cooksports?)
Polybush everything that can be.
uprated engine mounts and dog bone mount.
New TRE's/ball joints/top mounts.
Camber bolts.
182 Manifold, link pipe and a Ktec stealth. (As I already have one)
Brembo discs, ds3000 pads at the front. Standard rear brakes. (All new)
Air filter
Battery relocation
Fire extinguisher
Roll cage
Battery isolator.

Is there anything missing from there that I need to consider?

Wouldnt bother with the 182 manifold... Things you do need though...

2L oil catch tank
Tow Straps
In date harness
FIA seat
Cage.

Cup In bits
Get inner tie rods and new wishbones instead of balljoints/power flex bushes.

PMS strut brace package is allowed too and you'll be a 3rd of the way there with buying o.e top mounts.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wouldnt bother with the 182 manifold... Things you do need though...

2L oil catch tank
Tow Straps
In date harness
FIA seat
Cage.

I already have it mate so that's why i'm going to use it. Makes fitting the cat a million times easier if nothing else.

I didn't realise about the catch tank, cheers i'll get that too. I have the seat and harness on order from a mate so that's ok.

RS Clio 172 Cup
It says standard manifold and wheel size.

I assume that meansa 182 manifild on a 172 is not allowed and wheels must be 16x7

Ive not read my bluebook for racing yet (im lazy) but for sprinting a catch tank is only needed if running a breath to atmosphere. Is 2L tank manditory for this regardless?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you move the battery inside the car it needs to be in a water tight box or a liquid free one eg odessy or similar.

I've got an odyssey battery. so I can just relocate that and not need a box? Smashing.

Good news about the breather/no catch tank too. :D

Thank you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It says standard manifold and wheel size.

I assume that meansa 182 manifild on a 172 is not allowed and wheels must be 16x7

182 is a standard manifold. 15's were fitted to a phase 1. Is that the right way to look at it or not??

Other things discussed today, wheels are free so you can use 15" wheels for cheaper tyres, and spacers are allowed along with camber bolts.

Exhaust manifold should be fine as it's from that 'model', if you read it that way. But because you're not allowed to remap spending loads of money on little things is pointless. Better spent on fresher tyres/geometry etc.

Cup In bits
So for other cars (puegot/citroen) they will be allowed to adjust camber in some way and take bits from any higher/lower model of that specific car so long as they were factory fit?