ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

batch script / command line

Iceberg 172
I want to do a command line based search for files in a certain dir which are larger than a size of my choosing. For example, find any zip files in C:\backups\ that are >200MB. I cant for the life of me find a way to do it!!

I assumed the find cmd would have similar parameters to the one in windows explorer but it appears to be very limited. I've tried searching for third party freebies but no luck as yet.

I'm planning to setup a scheduled task to check a dir on my backup server to see if any files are above 500MB or so. If they are then it will email me a list of them. The plan was to use a find and echo the results to a txt then use blat to email it to me but i'm falling down at the first hurdle!

Any help would be appreciated :)

edit: I forgot to mention > It's a windows server :(

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
whoops i should have said before, this is for a windows based system not *unix :(

edited original post.

Iceberg 172
thanks mate will check through when i get a chance. Added to favorites.

I was just about to test another method which may end up working better than the original design. I found an exe that outputs file size to a variable. I can tell the FTP to run this on every zip upload combined with an IF statement of some sort.