ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery - Alternator - Car struggling to start!

focus RS/Clio 172
This might be a stupid question but struggling to get my head around it.....

My battery keeps going flat and must be loosing charge, thus meaning the car not turning over I don't even get the little red light that flashes on the dash.

I don't use my car every day it's a track day car so probably gets started a couple of times a month, the car is fully stripped out such as interior, fog lights, interior lights ect ect, could the loose wires that I have inside the car be draining the battery of its charge or am I going mad?

or could it be that my battery has had it? Or my alternator?

If I charge the battery up I could probably leave it over night before it goes flat again!

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Josh

Polo + Micra
batteries don't really like being deep discharged so i'd say your battery is now probably shot

you have probably killed the battery + i'd get trickle charger that you can leave connected permanently

182 ff
disconnect the battery.. charge it.. then next day see if its gone flat.. if its not... check on here for the video ,to see whats draining it,if you have a multi meter ..,, if I can fine it again ill tell you

focus RS/Clio 172
batteries don't really like being deep discharged so i'd say your battery is now probably shot

you have probably killed the battery + i'd get trickle charger that you can leave connected permanently

Sounds good if I drive the car for a day for example it will hold charge for about 24 hours then just goes flat and won't start, but it would start with say jump leads

focus RS/Clio 172
disconnect the battery.. charge it.. then next day see if its gone flat.. if its not... check on here for the video ,to see whats draining it,if you have a multi meter ..,, if I can fine it again ill tell you

thanks that video will be a good help I either think my battery is goosed or something is draining it

Polo + Micra
you need to drive it for a good 2-3 hours in one go really to fully charge it.

i've had the same problem before and it was the battery

you lose capacity when it discharges so it might look charged but will not be able to start a car