ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery and STOP flashing.

Clio Sport 182
it happened about an hour ago while driving both lights seem to flicker sometimes bright and sometimes dull. when im slowing down very slowly the lights seem to go out until it goes under load again by either accelerating or decelerating with little force. I have only just had a new belt, pulley and tensioner fitted three weeks ago so i was hoping its not these. i have read about the corroded cable on the alternator and the earth straps can also cause this, but it seems to go in sync with the engine revs. i put my foot down a little hard once just to see what happened and they lit up bold. The voltage was checked though the OBD port and it was running 13.2 to 13.9 when the lights were off and dropped down to its lowest point of 12.1. all of the time the lights were on it was either at 13v or below. Is this the belt slipping or the alternator on the way out?

Clio Sport 182
ignore me i couldn't find any posts about this before and now ive found loads... i touched my alternator red cable and got a zap :dizzy: it was literally resting against the nut holding which is holding the O connector in it was once attached to lol 😅 only very slightly cheaper than a new alternator or belt kit :up:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Was going to post saying about the alternator cable. Had the same happen to me.

Clio Sport 182
i just didn't think it would have been that due to it matching the revs but sort of makes sense now haha, and yeah @imprezaworks could have been firework night gone wrong in the front garden for me haha