ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery and stop light?

Clio
my battery and stop light has been on for like nearly 2 years but its really annoying me now.. obviously it isnt alternator as its still running is their any sensors ect than can bring this fault up thanks

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theres a plug that goes onto the side of the alternator, if its not plugged in properly it will illuminate the battery light!!

id also just make doubly sure that youre getting 14v to the battery, better than getting stranded somewhere!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have this and yet my battery is still being charged by the alternator.

Took it to a guy who for the last 43 years has done nothing but rebuild alternators and starters and he teated it all and looked at it.
The alternator is at fault and is goosed but yet it is still charging the batter.

It smells bad and it is the diode inside thats gone and its throwing on the battery light. He says the brushes might be on there way out also.

New alternator for me

Clio
I have this and yet my battery is still being charged by the alternator.

Took it to a guy who for the last 43 years has done nothing but rebuild alternators and starters and he teated it all and looked at it.
The alternator is at fault and is goosed but yet it is still charging the batter.

It smells bad and it is the diode inside thats gone and its throwing on the battery light. He says the brushes might be on there way out also.

New alternator for me

awww ok mate.. its weird its lasted that long though isnt it?.. could it be anything with the wires in the drivers sill?