ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery and sub

Renault clio mk 2 1.
Hello guys.
I have recently fitted a 1200 w Sony xplod sub and 1100 w Sony xplod amp into my mk 2 clio 1.5dci.

Atm the girl drives it. We've just bought the car second hand. All was well for a couple week untill " I fitted the speaker" I watched countless videos on how to fit it and done it correctly to detail. As she has the kids in car. Then got two of my friends who are very clued up on this sorta thing to double check it. So I was left in the car and women being women took 45 minutes to get some simple munchies from the shop. And she came back and the car wouldn't start. I've read a car battery can use 600w in an hour before its flat. Giving it's a 1200 watt speaker my estimate gave me half an hour with non running engine. I was wondering is the sub slowly draining tye battery and never getting fully charged and just took a while. Or was it due to the fact I listened to it for a while with the engine off?? Any advice would be much appreciated. As I have fought my point that I was not my 'dodgy speaker' or 'dodgy wiring' just the fact it was left on.

Also could any give any advice about. Higher alternaters and capaciters as I don't have a clue what they are

Many thanks

1.2 2003 clio
I had this when I first fitted my amp and sub, left the music on for only 15-20 mins or so then car wouldn't start, since then I just don't leave the music on without the car started, I know of some people who run another battery just for the sound system but not sure on the way it was wired up and obviously will be taking up more space.
Even with an uprated alternator I wouldn't have thought you could get a "lot" more listening time without the engine running.

Renault clio mk 2 1.
I had this when I first fitted my amp and sub, left the music on for only 15-20 mins or so then car wouldn't start, since then I just don't leave the music on without the car started, I know of some people who run another battery just for the sound system but not sure on the way it was wired up and obviously will be taking up more space.
Even with an uprated alternator I wouldn't have thought you could get a "lot" more listening time without the engine running.
This is what I have done and everything seems to be ok now. I also played about woth the cables and put the rremote into a junction that turns the amp off when the cd player Is off and the car running. Just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your help though