ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Cover

I don't want aluminium and I can't see that thread ..

What's wrong with Aluminium (genuine question)? Dan's are anodised so they don't look shiny, won't corrode, aluminium weighs very little yet is sufficiently stiff & if you're really worried about the possibility of conducting electricity then put some adhesive foam on the underside (something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADHESIVE-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3cda03b8d0 .)

The link is to Dan@MAD's Trader section which has pics, prices & ordering details etc. In hindsight I guess you need to be a paid member to see those parts of the forum (good thing I didn't write a sarcastic reply about using the search box lol!).

Following on from the Thread posted in our trader section we have completed these.

They look fantastic. Currently available in Black or Silver. We were going to go for a polished finish but found that with such a large surface area it not only takes a long time to polish but also is difficult to keep looking shiny.

We can possibly do other colours but there will need to be a few people who want the same colour for me to go ahead with it.

I haven't had chance to fit one to my clio but will do in the next day or two, It literally takes a few seconds to fit. I have added rubber to the bottom just incase they come in contact with the battery terminals. They don't sit on the battery but i was worried that when people were fitting / removing the cover they could get a nasty shock!

Price is £20 each + £2.50 P&P.

Pictures: (They do look more shiny)
audiegrbatterycover013.jpg

audiegrbatterycover015.jpg
audiegrbatterycover012.jpg

Got mine come through yesterday. Quality is fantastic and really tidies up the bay :)

8230301489_0fb386653c.jpg

IMG_1286 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Comes with the rubber sticky mat underneath

8230301603_32f063f33c.jpg

IMG_1289 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And fitted

8231365548_ff87a6f578.jpg

IMG_1294 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8232509842_a057c90305.jpg

IMG_1306 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8232509984_4c8a88220d.jpg

IMG_1310 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I would also recommend the top struts covers also :)

Clio Trophy
im hoping when he says they will be in stock soon, he means enough to fill the back orders and enough for everyone else that is waiting :p