ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery doesn't fit

172 FF
I bought a battery for my FF 172 from halfrauds, they said the part was HB013 but its quite a bit bigger than the standard and doesnt fit properly. Anyone else had this problem or know where to get a battery that will fit.

Z4 Roadster
yes mate, I bought a Bosch battery (its a 480 amp battery as I think the HB013 Halfords one is - i.e. more than the standard) and it was a good inch / inch and a half longer than the old one.
However don't think it was any wider so I didn't have any problems clamping it back down / fitting into place.
I did have to take out the air box to allow sufficient access and room to get the new one into position though.

When you say doesn't fit properly - does it fit at all?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I bought a battery for my Clio earlier this week, looks uglier than the standard one :( oh well! does its job.

172 FF
yes mate, I bought a Bosch battery (its a 480 amp battery as I think the HB013 Halfords one is - i.e. more than the standard) and it was a good inch / inch and a half longer than the old one.
However don't think it was any wider so I didn't have any problems clamping it back down / fitting into place.
I did have to take out the air box to allow sufficient access and room to get the new one into position though.

When you say doesn't fit properly - does it fit at all?

It jams in just but it doesnt slide under the clips it sits on them so if i were to clamp it in place like that it may puncture the battery.

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup, sounds like you havent unclipped the little plastic rail, unclip it and throw it away and your battery should fit fine

Skoda Fabia vRS
are you sure ?

sounds really odd this, how can they not get a battery right for a clio, its nothing odd, they probably sell loads of them

make certain its wrong before you go back, and DONT buy another one elsewhere until you have spoken to them as they probably wont refund a battery, you may have to exchange it

Ph1
All the batteries iv seen from Halfords in the past come with the removable side rail things on. Im running a Halfords battery on the 172 at the mo and that had them on! Dont see how yours would be any different if its the correct battery :S