ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery dying??

Valver
Battery first died about a month ago, had it jumped started charged for about 60mins soon as i turned it off it died again...

Got a new battery, month down the line same thing happens again! I heard this might be something to do with the immobiliser? Any ideas?

2005 Impreza WRX STI
could be alternator too mate? check u have 14-14.6V across your battery terminals once running...if alternator is fooked it wont charge your battery. (also check your fan belt isnt loose as if it is slipping this will decrease charging voltage!) if your alternator is ok, u may have a drain somewhere ie immobilizer, although i doubt it as the LEDs on alarm systems take minimal current

A well built VW
Most likely to be the alternator , go to one of the kwik fit places they will run a free check on the charging system