ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery goes cold after only 2 days left un-started

hi i had some battery trouble a little while ago and i was told to jump it give a good run and it would be fine and that was correct!

the problem to begin with was that i had left my car un-started for 2 days but after a jump it was fine!

i left my car un-started at the wkend as i was away and was unable to have anyone start it and the problem has reoccured!

its not normal for a battery to go cold after only 2 days surely is it?

thanks for any help jamie

ClioSport 182
It could be down to the battery on its last legs which could need replacing or maybe that the battery isnt getting charged up properly.

Best fing to do is take it down local garage and get a battery check on it. When i had problems i took it down to kwik fit who did free battery check for me, worth a shot

thanks for the quick reply!!

im pretty sure the alternator is ok as when i had this problem last time i had it checked but the battery was flat so i had that changed!

the battery is far from old tho how long is a normal battery supposed to last? i have a standard clio no amps etc

no not to my knowledge and the car only had 1 previos owner who was a middle aged woman so i dnt expect any upgrades were made!

i tried to jump start the car earlier today and had no response! although the live car did have quite bad connections so i will try again with my mums car and get back to you! thanks again

when i connected the 2 cars up not even the interior light came on or the littyle red blinking light on the dash so its prett much foooked