ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

battery help

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u can get optima batteries, some 1 is bound to say "i got the biggest diesel battery i could find" just ignor them and get a gel cell battery, if it ever goes flat, take it out stick it on your garage floor overnight, next morning it will have charge in it.

MaLicE

Sorry have i missed something? How exactly does a sealed battery charge itself?

All batteries, if they havnt been cycled and flattened to death, will recover over a period of time, sometimes even enough to turn a car over. But no battery I know of charges iteslf!

why exactly do they recover...........me and a mate were wondering ages ago (when boozing) but gave up....why do old batteries work after a while in the drawer? lol

Ive got an Optima red top battery.......My cousin had it in his pug 205 gti, never drives it but every time he starts it always fires up first time....Much more expensive then your average battery but never goes flat, so I nicked it off of him:devilish: Im now trying to get his BMC cda, but I need a friggen throttle body adaptor plate adptor for my valver and a crappy filter to replace his BMC on his pug:(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

a gel cel battery will recover quicker than a normal battery, i said i would it would have charge in it, not that it would be fully charged.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 03 July 2003why exactly do they recover...........me and a mate were wondering ages ago (when boozing) but gave up....why do old batteries work after a while in the drawer? lol

Because the electricity inside a battery is generated by a chemical reaction duh ! ;)

If its a chemical reaction then why do they go flat at all?

Good question Ben, ill dig out some old notes and find out!