ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Light On dash

Clio 1.4 16V
Hi was driving home 2 days ago from the girlfriends house when the battery light popped up on dash bored. got home and said to myself il deal with it the day after, however i forgot all about it, i went to get in the car 2 days after the battery light came on and the batter was completely dead, nothing at all to show there was life. Electrics were working fine the night i drove home.

I charged the battery up fully today and the car now starts but the batteryl light is still on the dash. Anyone know what it could be, duff battery, alternator gone, or dodgy electrics draining the batter somewhere.

Mine is a 1999 clio 1.2 RT

Thanks
matt

a similar thing happened me.. it was the alternator belt had snapped on my car.. im not sure if this is same thing with yours but this may help??

ive no idea then mate :( thats what had happened mine though lol.. ill ask when i go to work on monday (at renault garage) and see what they think it could be if you havent got it fixed by then..

Clio 1.4 16V
Well thanks for all the help guys, been on for the past few days, but came to start it up today and it had gone, strange.

Matt

Clio 1.4 16V
Well it popped back up othe night when driving home from girlfriends, this time battery light came on and went off and kept popping on when pressed accelerator, also the ABS light came on aswell then i could feel the enigne slowing down and it eventually conked out and wouldnt start. so had to leave it there, but took charged battery back today and it started, so i am guessing it is the alternator, anyone agree, and how much am i lookibng for it to be replaced?

Thanks

Matt

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Did you check all connections? Normally when an alternator fails the battery light would be dim for a while as a warning

Clio 1.4 16V
I did notice as i was driving the light would flicker on and off when i went over a bump or round a corner not all the time tho.