ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Light

172 Cup

right my mum has a clio baccara 1.8 auto. she said when she is driving the battery light flickers.

what could this be? is it the alternator or the battery? or could it be a problem with the wire from the battery to the alternator?

Thanks

Paul

Focus ST

I had what sounds like exactly the same problem. The main feed wire from the alternator was perishing causing the battery light to flicker. I left it as i thought it would be a dodgy connection behind the dash - mistake. The wire eventually broke completely and I broke down, so I suggest your mother gets it looked at sooner rather than later!

Mr2 Roadster

Clean all terminals on the alternator and see if that fixes it. It did on mine once!

Mine started coming on then going off.. then it came on all the time.

Came on.. but when I put my foot down went off..

It got worse over the week.. the light was on constantly after a day, until the battery was dead and the car stopped.

Alternator changed now.. Thanks to Mat, heh.. not a nice job!

if its flickering, then yea.. could be connection - Get it looked at tho.. cus a dead battery isnt a nice thing!