ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery not charging

435D X-Drive
I have recently changed the alternator on my 182 the at has worked perfectly for two weeks.

However the battery is now not taking any charge at all.

any ideas thanks?

435D X-Drive
I have left the car idling for 10 mins after charging the battery fully and it ends up just cutting out

Ph2 172
Have you checked the voltage at the battery when running? Maybe a faulty new alternator as it was fine for 2 weeks

435D X-Drive
No I haven't got a multimeter to check the voltage I'll have to get hold of one is there a way to test it without one?

435D X-Drive
I put a brand new battery on at the same time also, I am unsure on what else could cause the problem?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is there a good local auto electrician by you? Rather than guessing it may be worth taking it too someone to look over

Megane r26
You need a multimeter to check its charging not only at the battery but also at the alternator to eliminate any fault that could also lay between them.

At the minute your just clutching at straws.