ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Relocation

Sunflower 172 :)
hey guys just wondered if anyone knew what size circuit breaker i would need and where abouts i qould get it from to run my battery in my boot?

Lionel Richie
i can't remember why we used a 100amp, but there was some reason (i'm no electronics geek)

i got one from all places MAPLINS

ZT 1.8T
The starter motor on first kick can draw up to 80A, as the starter motor turns the current it draws considerably decreases but anything less than 100A would just trigger the breaker so you would have to keep reseting it.

Clio 172 Cup
you should use a type d breaker as these are motor rated for large in rush current which is required for for the starter as for the value you should clamp it to be sure of the maximum current and size the breaker to suit also you should re calculate the cable size as to move the battery to the boot may require larger cable to cope with the additional length and also be aware that fault current ratings will change.

do you kno of anywhere i can get a 1 to suit this? i already have big enough cable to cope with it just need the find the right size breaker? would either ov those be capeable of doing this?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Someone talked about putting the battery under the passenger seat. I recollect involved a lower-profile battery. Good or bad idea? I was thinking of chucking the CD stacker and replacing it with a bizzo I could plug an MP3 player into and doing it.

Do you really want to move the battery all the way back to the boot? Sure it evens out the weight distribution, but it requires a long power lead that adds weight. Putting it under the passenger seats lowers the mass of the battery and puts it near the centre of mass of the vehicle. Of course wherever you move it to getting it out of the engine compartiment would help in rearranging the intake system so there isn't that sharp right angle into the throttle body.

i probs could put it under my seat but WHEN i flip my car i will burn my passengers bum with alot of battery acid and that wouldnt be very nice would it. i just need some extra room to sort some stuff out. i have found my circuit breaker for vibe audio and its only £14.99 and 140 amps.