ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battle Scarred Appreciation Thread.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
We've had every other sort of appreciation thread how about one for the more characterfull (sp?) motors :cool:

AY0F3282.jpg

AY0F3287.jpg

AY0F3290.jpg

AY0F3811.jpg

AY0F3818.jpg

AY0F3824.jpg
AY0F3849.jpg

AY0F4008.jpg

AY0F4027.jpg

AY0F3615.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

Some Vids
[video=vimeo;4029026]http://vimeo.com/4029026[/video]

[video=vimeo;14364527]http://vimeo.com/14364527[/video]

Ebisu Matsuri seems to be a haven for nutters/heros and there seems to be an endless supply of photo's/videos of the place.

Cupra
WTF? Do people just make up a new "scene" in order to justify driving around in shitboxes?

Can't afford to get that rust treated? Call it a RAT.
Can only afford Cat C car? Get a Cat A/B and put it back on the road - Call it battle scared.

WTF? Do people just make up a new "scene" in order to justify driving around in shitboxes?

Can only afford Cat C car? Get a Cat A/B and put it back on the road - Call it battle scared.

No, they're just drift slags. Google the Ebisu Matsuri and you'll understand.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
WTF? Do people just make up a new "scene" in order to justify driving around in s**tboxes?

LOL, chill... I dont think any of these cars will see a public road.

Chris J said:
Anyone got that pic of one drifting really close to a wall? poor description, great pic

This one???

IMG_1577.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
thats not drifting close to a wall thats drifting into a wall or as most would say crashing. or up here doing a danny_172 (if that was following a tunnel with a slight bend.)

sure i admire the commitment and understand pushing your limits, but surely after the car starts to resemble the cube after the crusher, you'd recondider your chosen sport.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
sure i admire the commitment and understand pushing your limits, but surely after the car starts to resemble the cube after the crusher, you'd recondider your chosen sport.

Why??? if it gets bent, pull it out, straighten it up and carry on?!

Chris J said:
yeerp thats the one,good work

That was my wallpaper for months last year.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hate drifting, it's even worse now it's been about for years.

No one bar your car friends is going to understand why you're driving a cat B car.

Cupra
No, they're just drift slags. Google the Ebisu Matsuri and you'll understand.

A bit like the british banger racing but with drifting? At least they are functional then. I thought it was just another look that people were trying to fob off.

My RAT comment stands.

BMW E36 328
Love the video's lol, i went to a drift event and most of the bumpers seemed to be pieced back togeather with our fav thing "cable ties"

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Some more......... :)

The Headlights work btw! lol

Before

After (Ouch!)

Few More Vids

This one is a must watch:evil:

Short Documentary Preview
[video=vimeo;8433276]http://vimeo.com/8433276[/video]

Not really battle scarred, but pretty good reverse entry :cool:
[video=vimeo;9910827]http://vimeo.com/9910827[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
:bump:(literally :clown:)

[video=vimeo;27363702]http://vimeo.com/27363702[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbos.
I'm ok with scuffs and scrapes, that shows commitment. But wrecked cars just mean you can't drive. They should play golf instead...

My own contribution...

lotuselese.jpg

57.jpg

P1080375.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

andy2.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Good update ;).

I think the missile thing is awesome, using cars for fun and not giving a f**k. So what if it's bent, it still works don't it? Get out there and try harder.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I'd love a drift car to piss around in and not care if I fucked it up a little.

Listerine & Poledo
"battle scarred"?
"I failed at drifting" would be more accurate.

Besides, lbrench's first FIAT looked far better

Wrong yet again.
A missile is a cheap drifter that allows you to push your limits without caring about the car getting smashed up. A LOT of the pros have one to improve in, but hey, I'm sure you could nail backwards entries first time every time ;)

Listerine & Poledo
Personally, I'd rather work on lap times than angles.
Ditto, there's more to racing in my eyes than getting from one end of a straight to another

Listerine & Poledo
Buy a lap time missile then, and you can push harder than the world's fastest Clio will ever go.

I would love to, absolutely.
Provided it can still carry 4 with room for luggage (and isn't a BMW or Audi!)