ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB 9700

Mk4 .:R32
Just ordered one of these. It'll be my first blackberry so hoping it's good!!

Heard the battery life is pretty shocking on BBs though.

Anyone on here got one?

lol everyone on here bums the iphone. they are good, but I have an itouch (got it as a present off the missus) so no point in getting one!

My friend just got one of these and it seems to be a really good phone, think her battery lasts about 4days.

I'm considering getting one when my iPhone contract is up.

mines due to come on tuesday! It was meant to be yesterday but they've changed the date again

nope, think they've changed it 3 times now. same with the nokia E72 (which i was going to get originally)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I hope the BB is for personal use? Everyone that eventually gets one at work looks like they age 5 years in about 5 weeks! ;)

You become available 24-7 with one of those things. I dread to the think of the system alerts I'd get at 3am and 4am if I had a BB - lol.

Switching phones off - FTW.

D.

Not a 320d
I hope the BB is for personal use? Everyone that eventually gets one at work looks like they age 5 years in about 5 weeks! ;)

You become available 24-7 with one of those things. I dread to the think of the system alerts I'd get at 3am and 4am if I had a BB - lol.

Switching phones off - FTW.

D.

Couldnt agree more!! Yeah its personal use :)

M2 / Golf GTI
Been looking into a blackberry when my contract runs out in dec, what sort of deal did you get?

Not a 320d
Me ? Go look at Voda's contracts. Free phone. Id go back qith O2 but they dont seem to have any phones atall right now.

Ive not got one yet. Im waiting for a phone call to say they have them in stock.

I'm on Vodafone. £30 per month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and you get unlimited internet access with the blackberry. not bad! Free handset as well obviously

might bell voda this aft actually, see if they've received their stock of the 9700 today!

spoke to someone at voda, they are expecting delivery of them at 4pm, so hopefully should be here tomorrow/weds

M2 / Golf GTI
I'm on Vodafone. £30 per month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and you get unlimited internet access with the blackberry. not bad! Free handset as well obviously

might bell voda this aft actually, see if they've received their stock of the 9700 today!

Website says £35 for me hmmm. I'm still tempted! I think i'll phone up current place to end my contract in Dec and get one ordered!

Website says £35 for me hmmm. I'm still tempted! I think i'll phone up current place to end my contract in Dec and get one ordered!

Yeah, I got my contract on a deal where I got it for £30 instead of £35, and it just carries on from that. But it'll be a 24 month contract. good job I get phone insurance with my bank account, cos there is no way the phone will last 2 years!

Ill believe that when i see it. f**king useless tw*ts.

I had an email this morning saying it has been sent out special delivery, so it'll be at mine tomorrow (even though I won't be in cos like every other normal person I'll be at work). So I'll be picking it up Thurs morning

Audi TT
reports on crackberry.com saying that the battery life on the 9700 is a massive improvement over the Bold 9000. Couple of days between charges. I sometimes struggle to get a full day out of my 9000 with heavy use.

Audi TT
they have them on their business shop online so I should imagine so. Give CS a ring they're normally reasonably clued up.

Revels Mum & Sister
reports on crackberry.com saying that the battery life on the 9700 is a massive improvement over the Bold 9000. Couple of days between charges. I sometimes struggle to get a full day out of my 9000 with heavy use.

Yeah I have read this. I get about a day out of my 9000.

9700 being delivered today :) SWEET!

Audi TT
Let me know how you get on with the smaller keyboard mate. I love the Bold as I can literally touch type on the thing now but with smaller keyboard I think I may struggle.

the keyboard will take a lot of getting used to for me. my fingers aren't exactly bratwurst sausages, but the keys are pretty small. touch typing is difficult!

I like the fact the BB automatically adds in punctuation marks, if you enter "ive" it'll change to "I've", saves knobbing around with the alt button

I'ev still not set mine up properly. Need to download a few applications for it and set up the email!!

M2 / Golf GTI
Ok so looking on vodafone theres 2 options, normal contract is £35 600 mins and unlimited texts / internet. Business is £30 700 mins unlimited texts and internet. Anyone know if theres any restrictions or can I get the business one even tho im using it personally?

M2 / Golf GTI
Just ordered mine got it thru e2save as was due an upgrade. Works out £30.14 or something a month 600 mins unl texts and all the blackberry internet and that. Not too bad I thought.

Revels Mum & Sister
Battery life is mental on this. 4.5 days of its first charge. Thats with pretty decent use as well.

Not a 320d
Battery life is mental on this. 4.5 days of its first charge. Thats with pretty decent use as well.

I thought it was pretty crap to begin with. I got it down to 40% on its first day but after charging it again it went 3 days and with general use I got it down to 45%. Charged it today I'm guessing itl last 4 days or so. Great phone tho I'm typing on it now lol

M2 / Golf GTI
9700 is out on Orange 7th December

e2save are already selling it on orange, mines meant to be arriving today, so we shall see, its not like it's a blackberry only contract tho so maybe they just have a stash of the phones and sim cards?