ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning Group Buy ECU CHIPS

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Its the same as it comes in the same form but this isnt an R-SPORT!
Its a different product,made better offering better results.

Eugegall- topman i shall add you to the list.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Three i think at the moment. I,ll talk to the guys on monday about numbers&prices.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Right, just had this ECU fitted on my car as im the test pilot!
I have a smile from one ear to the other.
Not only does it now rev round to about 8k but its much more responsive.
Sitting in 4th then pulling away seems so much quicker than before. Not sure my top end has increased but i certainly get there alot quicker now.
I WILL be showcasing this on Saturday at Santa Pod.
Im like a kid with a new tool.
yet ANOTHER satisfied BB tuning customer
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2005 Impreza WRX STI

im not getting this anymore mate. ive ordered an Rsport one for £256 and i keep my origional ecu.would have been waiting too long for this to happen. sorry

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

is Rsport part of renault itself or is it a another tuning company?
Where are they based?

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 11 July 2005
Where are they based?

Rsport are formerly Radbourne, RenaultSport UK and are now R-Sport.

They do all of the importing of the race bits to the UK from France.

The ECU is just a remap on the standard unit. Works well with a filter and exhaust.

Jon @ r-sport did the mapping IIRC.

Inherantly, any replacement ecu will give similar results - BB / Hill Power (Rsport) / Any Other hacking & cracking of the ECU. A russian company sell the software to DIY if you are prepared to play about and learn how to use it.

Then I guess you could offer remaps on the standard ECUs.

£250 is peanuts in the scheme of things and it is a good mod. If you do a remap of you standard unit or replacement, it doesnt make much odds. Youll get an improvement. If BB set it up on the rollers, it will be better customised to your existing mods rather than a fixed parameter ecu.

/y0z

it is a complete replacement - a piggyback is a chip that manages fuelling (eg) and leaves the rest of the ecu to run the car.

/y0z

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Hillpower dont use the r sport ecu anymore they have brought all the mapping equipment they modified the ecu on my 172

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yeah still goin just need the 10 people.
The guys will be at Santa pod so you can speak directly to them if you are goin ;)

Bumder With A Buffer

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 11 July 2005

Where are they based?

Rsport are formerly Radbourne, RenaultSport UK and are now R-Sport.

They do all of the importing of the race bits to the UK from France.

The ECU is just a remap on the standard unit. Works well with a filter and exhaust.

Jon @ r-sport did the mapping IIRC.

Inherantly, any replacement ecu will give similar results - BB / Hill Power (Rsport) / Any Other hacking & cracking of the ECU. A russian company sell the software to DIY if you are prepared to play about and learn how to use it.

Then I guess you could offer remaps on the standard ECUs.

£250 is peanuts in the scheme of things and it is a good mod. If you do a remap of you standard unit or replacement, it doesnt make much odds. Youll get an improvement. If BB set it up on the rollers, it will be better customised to your existing mods rather than a fixed parameter ecu.

/y0z

Yoz where are radbourne racing based?? I belive there based near me in suffolk unless im thinking of someone else

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

They are based somewhere round by the South Circular, London.
But i wouldnt touch them, ive already posted on another thread my view from a guy i spoke to who use to work for renault PLUS
what about the problems clarkie had????
He brought their chip and put it in his car and it didnt work! FACT.
LOCKED UP THE WHOLE OF HIS CAR.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ive hit a bank problem!!!!!!!!! when i get sorted im deffo getting one.....jim and james thanks for all your help

Golf R/Leon FR

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 24 July 2005

ive hit a bank problem!!!!!!!!! when i get sorted im deffo getting one.....jim and james thanks for all your help
must be all those maccie ds you had 2day!!!!!

Phase 2 172, Megane 2,

sorry to stir things up even more but can anybody supply this map on disk so i can enter it on clip ?

Volvo S60 T5

Quote: Originally posted by bri_172 on 27 July 2005

sorry to stir things up even more but can anybody supply this map on disk so i can enter it on clip ?

I would be very interested in the disc if it can but used with the clip to re-program the ecu.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 28 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by bri_172 on 27 July 2005sorry to stir things up even more but can anybody supply this map on disk so i can enter it on clip ?I would be very interested in the disc if it can but used with the clip to re-program the ecu.[/QUOTE]

This would be a nice idea i know but NO CHANCE!
Its like asking renault headquarters to give you all their untold secrets.
Its the chip or nothing.
Ive already posted up what differnces it has made to my car.
Its the time to take the plunge and see what delights behold in this fantastic offer
;)

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 24 July 2005

182 ECU,S now available!!!
How much and how soon can I get hold of one! Take it thisll work in the 182 CUP? SImilar improvement as the 172?

Quote: Originally posted by G12ALE on 03 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 24 July 2005

182 ECU,S now available!!!
How much and how soon can I get hold of one! Take it thisll work in the 182 CUP? SImilar improvement as the 172?

Just ordered 182 ECU from BBTuning....will let you know how I get on with it

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 07 August 2005
will that void the renault warranty?

As far as i see it unless renault have to do any work on your ecu then they should be none the wiser to it have been changed. But if you do ever have any problems with your car that requires them to touch the ecu then seek bb tunings advice beforehand.

Also id like to explain that its been a few weeks now since my ecu was fitted and its really starting to come alive.
The car is ever so responsive and ive got to admit that im not the greatest driver in the world but i still seem to be making a few other cars look silly.
Seems more than just a
clio now ;)

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 28 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 28 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by bri_172 on 27 July 2005

I would be very interested in the disc if it can but used with the clip to re-program the ecu.

This would be a nice idea i know but NO CHANCE!
Its like asking renault headquarters to give you all their untold secrets.
Its the chip or nothing.
Ive already posted up what differnces it has made to my car.
Its the time to take the plunge and see what delights behold in this fantastic offer
;)

Do you work for, or have any interests in BB Tuning?

Just curious.

So what proven difference has this created? Was it on rollers before and after? Did you run it at Santa Pod?

Interested to know what difference map is compared to Superchip (Apart from raised rev limit) As My MK1 has some mods and superchip and has exactly the same sort of gains / difference you talk about.

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 12 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 07 August 2005

will that void the renault warranty?

As far as i see it unless renault have to do any work on your ecu then they should be none the wiser to it have been changed. But if you do ever have any problems with your car that requires them to touch the ecu then seek bb tunings advice beforehand.

Also id like to explain that its been a few weeks now since my ecu was fitted and its really starting to come alive.
The car is ever so responsive and ive got to admit that im not the greatest driver in the world but i still seem to be making a few other cars look silly.
Seems more than just a
clio now ;)

LMAO what a dreamer.