ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning Group Buy ECU CHIPS

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Original reflashed renault sport clio cup race car ecu chips.
Min 10 people for this to happen which is on exchange basis.
If ecu has to be sent out then there will be a refundable sircharge.
Available for 172 ONLY- This is the genuine article.

£250inc v.a.t + free fitting

For more information please contact Andy at BB Tuning on 01787 221856

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Well this post has had over 120 views ;)
Remember we only need 10 people for this great deal!

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 20 June 2005
Anything you need to know can be answered by BB Tuning.

As youre the person proposing this little sceme shouldnt you be responsible for finding out the info?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

more info more info! i want mine chipped! :D id be interested if bhp/torque figures were provided,also rolling road set up?!

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 20 June 2005
Original reflashed renault sport clio cup race car ecu chips.
Min 10 people for this to happen which is on exchange basis.
If ecu has to be sent out then there will be a refundable sircharge.
Available for 172 ONLY- This is the genuine article.

£250inc v.a.t + free fitting

For more information please contact Andy at BB Tuning on 01787 221856

The Race cars run on Magneti Marelli MF4Ls they are a totally different type of ECU?? IE THEY WILL NOT FIT A ROAD CAR. So something is Wrong?

Speak to BB.

/y0z

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

ok have told by BB that these chips are not chips they are replacment ecus which have the the program from the clio cup race series copied onto them, you will see max 10bhp??? but its all mapped to mods done to your car, ie cams headwork, exhaust, filter, will see maximum benefit over a stock or just filter and exhaust combo.

torque figures will be raised aswell as maximum performance in every gear, ill be going there on saturday with mr ballcrusher if anybody wants to come along to get a more in depth explanation,

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 21 June 2005

ok have told by BB that these chips are not chips they are replacment ecus which have the the program from the clio cup race series copied onto them, you will see max 10bhp??? but its all mapped to mods done to your car, ie cams headwork, exhaust, filter, will see maximum benefit over a stock or just filter and exhaust combo.

torque figures will be raised aswell as maximum performance in every gear, ill be going there on saturday with mr ballcrusher if anybody wants to come along to get a more in depth explanation,

that sums me up^. please will u post more info up on this mate as i fancy it done. the more info the better :D thanks in advance!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i will do matey, ill ask as many questions as you need me too, jusyt post them up, or if you can get down there saturday mate

2005 Impreza WRX STI

wont be abe to make it sat mate, ill ring them tomorrow and if im unsure of anything or forgot....ill give u a shout

i want to no basically how much it will cost to fit the chip,rolling road it before and after and if it will be ok on a mk1 172 with bmc and exhaust n de-cat! and the main one....will it be worth the money for the bhp/torque gain!

Paul

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 21 June 2005

Will it work on a 182?

or is it for the 172?

/y0z
as far as i know its only for mk1 172 and m2 172s only, dont know why 182s cant be done but will ask

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

clarkie- i know a guy with the same setup as you but on a cup, its been chipped but not by BB, but i can tell you its rapid,

and mk1 172s being the quickest out of the bunch anyway im sure you will certainly know the difference

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

griff- like i said ill ask as much as possible

jay-need 10 to bring it down in price

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 21 June 2005

clarkie- i know a guy with the same setup as you but on a cup, its been chipped but not by BB, but i can tell you its rapid,

and mk1 172s being the quickest out of the bunch anyway im sure you will certainly know the difference
any idea who by mate?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

500, thats expensive. arent they usually 250 ish? lol. did he have his bhp/torque printed?or do u no it now mate?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP>>>>>

i phoned andy today.if ten buyers the price is £250inc vat and free fitting (this is a one for one swap) or another option is to send one out and u return yours type of thing. If rolling road is requested, this can be done for before and after inc the chip and fitting for around £320.

This can be used on a clio 172 only mk1 and 2. NOT 182. it also can be used in conjunction with exhaust and filter mods!!!!!

The replacement ecu is the same as Rsport one, so u wont have trouble with things not working etc! it also increases the rev limit slightly! Can expect gains up to around 5bhp but dont let this put u off! better drivability will be acheived as well as throttle response and a bit mid range! This is a great opportunity so get your name on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAME LIST FOR ECU:

Clarkie172

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yes that is correct.
So thats Two of us on the list so far.

The thing which needs to be taken into account here is that the second anybody sees the word superchip they automatically expect a huge increase of bhp.
But its not the case. Most chips boast your power but of course it all depends on YOUR CAR&how its been run in,thats why you,ll find some 172/cups faster than others.
But this chip will offer better throttle response in every gear. So in theory your 0-60 SHOULD improve as your able to move through each gear alot smoother.
But as said before
PLEASE contact BB for any questions you need answered.

[Edited by jph172 on 6/22/2005 1:34:23 PM]

Golf R/Leon FR

am very interested in this contemplating putting it on my credit card but im out of a job at the moment.

when do you need to know by?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

4 o clock

lol.not sure mate.james will no! we can convoy down together if u facy it?£320 for it and 2 rolling roads! its going on my card :D

Golf R/Leon FR

sounds better all the time

ok put me down on the list.

clarkie will you be in boro when we go down?

[Edited by phoenixy on 22 June 2005 at 4:00pm]

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Excellent! Its basically a case of as soon as we have 10 people then bb tuning can order in the ecu,s
Even if we get 10 by the end of the week, then i can keep working on another 10.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

gareth, depends when we go down to get it done mate.but its in essex so u may as weel come down the a1 and ill meet u...its on your way anyway! u should still see nice gains etc if standard!