ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB TURBO CONVERSION

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Bloody hell mate, its took them this long to develope the 16v turbo conversion. The 16v 1 is the other side of 5 grand though, so its a lot of money on top of ur 172 even if they did do 1.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

They dont do a conversion for a 172 yet, but they are just about to start work on their development 172, but it might take a while before they are ready to sell them.

Well, Reno is putting the finishing touches to a Megane Sport allegedly for September 2003 with a 220+ bhp turbo 2 litre engine. And guess what engine that is: The 172s F4R.

Maybe the wait is over and instead of waiting for 172/cup mods that never blo*dy come, we can repeat the neat MI16 engine slotted into the 205 trick. I wonder if there will be enough space under the clio bonnet for a turboed F4R...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i think there will be

you never know renault might even build a limited run of Clios with that engine all badged up with F1 references to send the 172 out with a bang

Renaultsport Clio 220 F1

yum... maybe its pointless spending 6Gs getting my cup to 220hp ... Ill add IK/unichip to my k-tec zorst and wait for September ..

i think ill go the down the same road as you philip, and wait to see this turbo megane and what can be robbed off it for my cup.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 13 May 2003

i think there will be

you never know renault might even build a limited run of Clios with that engine all badged up with F1 references to send the 172 out with a bang

Renaultsport Clio 220 F1
And following that "Limited Edition" with
Renaultsport Clio 235 F1a

Renaultsport Clio 237 F1b

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

BIG MONEY! A lot more than a BB turbo 16v.

Has any1 even heard of a VW VR6 turbo conversion cause that would be awesome! 2.8lt 6 cyclinder 20 valve turbo! WOW!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 13 May 2003

yum... maybe its pointless spending 6Gs getting my cup to 220hp ... Ill add IK/unichip to my k-tec zorst and wait for September ..
Throttle bodies should get ya to 220bhp...how much do they cost?

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 11 May 2003

Just buy an impretza.
Why, if we wanted an Scoobie then we would have bought it already as they are cheaper than a 172 or what ive spent on my Valver. I would far rather a 16v/Willy Turbo or a 172/Cup Turbo than a Scobbie!!!

viceroy, the options for TBs are technompap France who do a 3Dmap/TB/head/cam conversion at 220bhp costs £5.5k + cost/pain in the butt factor of going to France for fitting, 3 weeks down etc.

Prima racing do a TB conversion on which they will give me no details at £2950 but say it adds "only" 30hp or so

some people on the forum (Roamer) looking at TBs elsewhere (Hillpower keep saying its on their list)

Phillip, have you tried Owen Dev in Oxford? Although they dont have anything at present they told me its possible should I really want it? am looking at a few Gs though.

Sangy, Im at Owens end May for my Unichip. Will discuss some more and they may take some measurements for the TBs. Adams-16v, the cheapest quote Ive had was £2.9k from prima. Where are you getting sub £2k quotes from?

Im certainly not getting sub 2 grand quotes! Deano at Owens couldnt give me an exact price but wanted me to confirm I wanted it done first which is fair enough. I have to admit Im seriously thinking of getting something different rather than spend all this money on getting TBs? Still a turbo can be soooo unreliable.

Youll have to pop over when youre at Owens as its two mins away from my house and we can see whose Unichip was fitted better on the A420! If I lose its going straight back into them!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well the firm i spoke to said its usually about £1700-£1800 for em.

I can get the full kit exc management for just over £600, management another £600 then fitting! i already got cams, ported head, balanced bottom end etc

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 13 May 2003

Well, Reno is putting the finishing touches to a Megane Sport allegedly for September 2003 with a 220+ bhp turbo 2 litre engine. And guess what engine that is: The 172s F4R.

Maybe the wait is over and instead of waiting for 172/cup mods that never blo*dy come, we can repeat the neat MI16 engine slotted into the 205 trick. I wonder if there will be enough space under the clio bonnet for a turboed F4R...

Or use one of the already existing F4R turbos in the lag, espace, Vel Satis etc and up the boost.