ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBPT 172/182 Reflash Offer £164.50

R

rich[182]

Anyone else who's got an online account with BBPT receive an email on 20th Sept announcing great deal on reflashes ?
I got this but didn't know until this evening, below is copy n' paste

nb this link has the normal listings so the offer is almost half price
http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/Products/Default.asp?type=dept&DepartmentID=7968

Just a quick note to make Cliosport owners aware of a promotional deal which will be launched in the next few days:-

Here at BBPT we have been further working on our ECU re-flashes, these flashes as most will know have been developed around the Genuine Renault Sport GRP.N programmes, but modified by making alterations to other factors such as improved throttle response and mid range torque. Dyno results have shown these flashes to be very rewarded for the amount of money spent and are virtually undetectable.

These flashes go hand in hand with any Air intake or Exhaust modifications, but still add improvement to standard vehicles. We have also worked on these flashes in conjunction with Inlet manifold matching (a popular modification), most will know that some cars suffer from poorly matched manifolds, which in turn reduces the standard performance. We have seen results of upto 194 BHP from a 172 fitted with Induction kit, Exhaust, Inlet manifold matching and of course our ECU software ! What has to be noted, is that the original car only achieved 167 BHP that morning, im sure you will agree, some impressive results.

The main reason for these results is that we make our maps and unlike others dont copy from lower quality sources which in most cases give only a bit more torque and increased revlimit (Believe us we've seen them)

To cut to the chase, we are going to offer (dependant on numbers interested) a low cost reflash for your car. The price of this is expected to be around £140 + VAT (£164.50) possibly slightly cheaper, plus we will also be offering some discounts on other mods at the same time if required. i.e. Exhaust or Manifold Matching.

Here's how its going to work - On the 1st of October you will be able see a some new listings added in the 'Special Offer' section of our website (172 and 182) This will include the low price reflash, plus a few extras as mentioned above. To take advantage of any of these special offers, you will need to add them to your basket and pay at the checkout. Items will be listed as deposits, so it will initially only be part of the cost. (No need to outlay right now) Once you have paid the deposits on the products you have chosen, they are valid for a 6 month period, by this we will contact you within 72 hours of ordering to book your vehicle into our workshop. You can then make an appointment with us or choose to call us back and book and appointment at your convenience, this benefits over group buy days of which some customers are not able to make due to other commitments. Appointments must be made within the 6 month period. The balance of the special offers will be due once the work is completed at our workshop. Sorry, but we are unable to offer these offers on a DIY postal basis.

Wheres the catch....The only catch is that the offers will be removed from the site on October 7th, so you need to order and pay the deposits in the 7 day period.

Get ready to grab the offer of the year for your Clio and dont forget to tell your friends.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on email: cliosportreflash@bbpt.co.uk

Regards

Andy

renault trophy 182
yeh i got it the other day fink im goin for it aswell as u only need to pay the deposit and then wen u have it done pay the rest sounds good to me, wats ur opinion on it?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have one already, and would snap their arm off at that price. One of the best mods per £££. You can really feel the difference over standard.

Do it

R

rich[182]

Great price, am tempted

BBPT are about to launch custom built exhausts too so cat-back zorst, inlets, filter and reflash done at same time maybe warrants extra discount too, def looking at the details when they post on their website 1st Oct

17poo
bit too far a think. makavelli, u got details on the rs tuning remap (if its the place in leeds)

(iceburg sliver) clio 172
so is this for the chip only?? so it could come in the post and be fitted at my local tunig depot??

Clio RS 172 Mk1
yeah im in south africa, and would like to take advantage of this good pricing, im gonna ask the same question as above? :eek:

TDI tyre shreader
you have to have it fitted by them in their garage, it says in their email that they wont send it out, shame really because i cant be fucked driving all the way down there

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted, although need to check how much it bumps up the insurance.

I know it's only a software thing that 99% of the time wouldn't be detected, but still would bug me.

Remap Tuning Available
They carnt be making money from the offer , due to the fact that they buy in ecus and ecu files :p

Shame its not there own work inside the ecus

You only get what you pay for in this world

(Read rules on sigs not to mention advertising)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Remap Tuning Available
makavelli said:
good price but too far for me, i will be sticking with the rs tuning remap

Good idea m8 ,, at least you will get a personal remap and NOT a shi**y generic tune that is on thousands of other cars.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
lol Gotta agree with you there mate. He obviously don't pay for WinOLS and likes copying other tuners work!

R

rich[182]

Where in the cut n' paste in post#1 does it say it's not their own work ? Im confused, people talk about BBPT like their wannabees, they've been arround years, surely if they can develop a turbo conversion they are capable of a remap of a 172/182 N/A setup, or am I missing something

cup 182 mit stripes
You're not wrong rich. BBPT are snake oil merchants. Trying to sell you and me an impossible dream, ie, their low cost conversion for the 182.
mainly consisting of a big green open filter for which they claim 190 bhp
When I questioned him on the phone about it he soon lost the head.
His parting shot was "If you don't like our stuff you don't have to buy it"

rich[182] said:
Where in the cut n' paste in post#1 does it say it's not their own work ? Im confused, people talk about BBPT like their wannabees, they've been arround years, surely if they can develop a turbo conversion they are capable of a remap of a 172/182 N/A setup, or am I missing something

They're turbo conversion isnt really anything to shout about tbh, it uses a shite log manifold setup, and they're sensors are glued into the manifold lol.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
BBPT do some good kit however they DO NOT develop remaps and do not own the software to enable them to edit files for the ecu's. There are few companies in the UK that do this. Many people can offer a "remap" but at the end of the day they don't have a clue what is inside the small file they are uploading!

Cheers

Paul

quite right, and even less people who actually know what the bloody hell to do when remapping anyway.

I dont think i have had one conversation with a tuner that does mapping about EGT, AFR, BSFC and ignition timing relationships without getting a blank face.

AFR tuning itself is so simple they now have ecu's which do that by themselves, any monkey can press the +/- key untill it hits the target AFR value. Problem most people dont know what AFR they should be running aswell, they have a generic value and stick to it.......no appreciation for the concensus of engine system operation and how things work.

When you set out mapping you need to know what your trying to achieve, not just go out, get the thing to pink then knock it back 2 degrees. At no point does this relate to peak cylinder pressure generation at the correct crank degrees ATDC.

It really annoys me to see people talk about mapping at the most basic level then go out and do 'mapping' in a day (From scratch).

Last edited:
  Remap Tuning Available
Gweebs said:
Come on, who clicked on the address thinking it get them somewhere....

I almost did, then had to see if it did anything, LOL!!!

LOOOOL

ja.jack said:
How's the flitting going Ben?

Quite well actually.

Moved about a ton of cylinder heads and other stock, halted work in progress etc etc.

Just have to wait for the majority of the equipment to arrive and install it now, along with the fixtures and fittings.

But were being kept busy sorting out plenty of other things.

R

rich[182]

So cutting to the chase are you saying that BBPT's claims of developing their own maps is incorrect and this 7 day offer should be avoided ?

I don't understand, last year everyone was keen on the Group-N ECU replacement and it was a popular mod so why now is it a no go, surely if a 172/182 owner is doing basic breathing mods on a budget (cat back & filter) then this re-flash is better than leaving standard map on

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=76525

Focus ST
rich[182] said:
So cutting to the chase are you saying that BBPT's claims of developing their own maps is incorrect and this 7 day offer should be avoided ?

I don't understand, last year everyone was keen on the Group-N ECU replacement and it was a popular mod so why now is it a no go, surely if a 172/182 owner is doing basic breathing mods on a budget (cat back & filter) then this re-flash is better than leaving standard map on

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=76525

I think your right, it will be better than std.

As I can gather at the mo, BBPT Grp N upgrade is a bit of a double edge sword. They don't produce/modify the map, so I'm guessing your getting a map that pretty much other companies use. So if you can get it cheaper, then yay! If not, std mod's + chip from BBPT will still be an option.

There are others that do their own + live maps eg pmurray (Leeds).

Last edited:
  172 ph1
A couple of years ago loads of people on here were buying the group n ECU for £200 and liked it, even though it idled at 1300rpm or something silly.
BBPT offer a reflash for less money and with a sensible idle and everyone slates it!

As for the "they've just used the group n map, it ain't they're own!" arguement; if you are using the same ECU (I.E. not mapping from scratch with a different make, and your engine is pretty standard) then you are going to start from somewhere, and the choice was the std Renault map or the group n. The group n sounds a sensible place to start to me.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
these threads make me laugh!!!!

this forum is so fickle. I have this reflash/ecu on my car and its brilliant for a bolt on mod. Throttle responce is ALOT better, and my car has passed every 172/182 i have come across. Two guys even flashed me over to ask what i'd had done. This ecu, along with bens inlets, and decat have made my car alot better, and not for stupid money.

People with no knowledge of products slate them, then other people join in. When i first started using this foum, (aug 2004) gdi was THE place to take your car..... now judging by other threads it isnt. Vipers are another instance, along with these grp N ecu..... it just carries on and on. Its all b****cks ;)