ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBR Morego 182 upgrade kit

It wont be likely to push up the top end if the existing Clio can already reach its limiter in top gear (I dont know if it can)

If the stock 182 cant reach its limiter in 5th, then I guess the Morego has a better chance of doing so, and if the rev limit is higher too (7800rpm?) then it has the potential of a higher top speed.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Paul J on 19 August 2005
Dyno figures are so easy to manipulate. Accurate timing and speed recordings are where its at.i hate when people sl*g off other tunning companys, but i do believe those figures they "quote" are slightly optimistic
How about a shootout? Sure a mag would be interested and supply timing gear. Winning = best ad you could get.

its happening soon actually

So Fred, are you saying the Morego 202 is bollokcs or not? Can you make a verified 200BHP for less, and what are your thoughts on the validity if the power claims?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 19 August 2005
^^ uh huh ... I believe you. Just like the 200 brake cup which had inflated rr loss figures used to help promote your cams.

same RR your "211bhp" rocket was mapped on???? i have to keep pumping your tyres up everytime i see your car, the air keeps leaking out because the car hasnt moved for so long:eek:

Lionel Richie

im not gonna say anymore Roy, as i said, i dont want to get into a slanging match, its pointless

looks like a half decent product, although be cautious before spending your hard earned

Are there any other tuning packages out there that offer same or better. Ive visited the external mods section on here now and again and havent seen anything this side of a 6K turbo conversion?

GDI seems very respected on here, is it something that they do, or are they more into full rebuild competition type stuff?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 19 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 19 August 2005

^^ uh huh ... I believe you. Just like the 200 brake cup which had inflated rr loss figures used to help promote your cams.

same RR your "211bhp" rocket was mapped on???? i have to keep pumping your tyres up everytime i see your car, the air keeps leaking out because the car hasnt moved for so long:eek:
Same RR, different losses. Also, you took the reading you used from the digital display, which is innacurate. From the pictures you took, it seemed to manage about 152 atw. Good, but not a 200+, not by any means.

Mine made 209atf afaik ... but the power runs were halted due to a leak.

Aiming for 215+ with the mk1 172 manifold on.

And then ...... well, we all love a bit of carbon. ;)

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Yes we all love a bit of carbon Ross ;-)

Mines almost 200bhp.... running SMT6, AWT manifold match, piper cams, ProSpeed exhaust, viper induction. All from GDI, car feels much better to drive :)

its not too hard to hit 200 bhp.

mine went on the same rollers and did 154 at the wheels and did something very similar on the bury rolling road day, with just an exhaust, piper x viper and an rsport ecu, by all accounts it was very rapid.

anyhow, one of the reasons for us doing this excercise on the dyno was to help calculate the rolling road losses on the rolling road at MASS.

our car on engine dyno - 100 bhp
our car on rolling road @ wheels 75 bhp
estimated losses on rolling road to give @ fly figures - 105 bhp there fore we can use a mathematical formula to give more accurate rolling road-flywheel figures to actually improve the accuracy of the performance of our kit.

/y0z

just to clarify - estimated losses are just that, estimations based on temp, pressure etc... hence they can overestimate. we will be able to work out a more sensible estimation now that we know what the engine does on the dyno.

[Edited by y0z2a on 8/19/2005 10:57:09 PM]

Gary, does your work come in at around the same cost as the BBR package? The mods you have quoted seem a fair bit more extensive than the Morego package which is claiming more BHP??

[Edited by JonK on 19 August 2005 at 10:59pm]

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Not sure mate, havent added it up lol :confused:

[Edited by Gary G on 19 August 2005 at 11:02pm]

At a guess id say around £2000

Cheers Gary, that makes BBRs claims seem very optimistic...

I wont ask if your mods have effected your warranty!

Q) GDI - do you have a package that competes/surpasses BBR in terms of BHP per buck?