ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC Coilovers install help

Clio 182 supercharge
Hi all, I'm after some help, recently bought and installed the below coilovers from Ktec and am getting a knock/clunk from the rears when hitting bumps in the road.

BC Racing Clio 2RS BR Series Type RA Coilover Kit.

I'm concerned I've not installed the right spring seats as it came supplied with 3 different types. Also after speaking with ktec I was told just to use 1 set of the rubber coil seats from the original Renault shocks on the top, non on the bottom, is this correct?

Any help would be massively appreciated

Cheers

Darren

Clio 182 supercharge
@McGherkin tbh no I haven't, I've just done a quick Google and found a decent vid/walk through. So thanks for a lot for that, much appreciated.
Tbf the fitting instructions that came with the coilovers were a little thin.
Any ideas at all on the spring seats at all, which of the 3 would be best to use?
Were ktec right about using just the oe spring rubbers at the top?

Sorry for all the questions?

Cheers Darren

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
OEM spring rubbers on the bottom and just the rubber ones that come with the BC's on top.

Don't need to mess with the shocks unless your springs are falling out when jacking up.

Clio 182 supercharge
The BC BR coilovers came with 3 difference sets of alloy spring seats in the box. I spoke to ktec who said oe rubber ones at the top and one of the three alloy bc ones at the bottom. Just wanted check that was right?

I'm guessing pre load setup is the issue, just wanted to double check on the spring seats

Cheers

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The BC BR coilovers came with 3 difference sets of alloy spring seats in the box. I spoke to ktec who said oe rubber ones at the top and one of the three alloy bc ones at the bottom. Just wanted check that was right?

I'm guessing pre load setup is the issue, just wanted to double check on the spring seats

Cheers

Got the same set up on my track car. Can have a look underneath tomorrow for you and check as can't remember what I did. No clunking though!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Cheers

Can just about make out how mine is here

Screenshot_20200906-211415.png

OEM rubber pad, then the spring perch with the smallest spacer ring on and then the plastic ring on top of that to stop metal to spring contact.

The rubber at the top is the BC item.