ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bee Sting aerial that gives decent reception??

330ci, 850R, eunos
Does it exist!!??

My recently bought 182 has a stubby aerial fitted, but the radio reception is really poor (Alpine HU), it won't lock to any stations. It also overlaps the base a little.

Can anyone recommend one that fits better and works well? I've heard CTR ones mentioned, but do they still give good reception?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I've got the Mazda MPS one and it's as good as OEM signal on mine

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My C2 one is fine, my old CTR one, which sounds like it might be the one you have as that overlaps the base had shite reception as well. The C2 one sits flush.

330ci, 850R, eunos
Ok thanks everyone.

Could someone link to one that they have actually purchased? If I ebay C2 or CTR aerial you still end up with a load of generic stubby aerials with thread adaptors to suit many cars. So wouldn't really know if one fits well or actually works!! Cheers :)

Clio 1.4 16V
Just search for cars they are 'Breaking' then fire off a message to the seller asking about the aerial and price.

330ci, 850R, eunos
Ah right, so we're talking about proper OEM ones then. I'll have a look again in that case :)

330ci, 850R, eunos
Forotten about this, but need to sort it!!

Other than OEM CTR or C2 stubby aerials, can anyone link to an aftermarket one that they have bought on ebay or wherever that actually works?

Cheers :)

Focus RS + S3
like others
ive got the mazda mps one, fits flush to the base and was the main reason i went for this one over the type r one
got mine from here http://mazda-3-mps.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/parts/detail/category=ROOT-body/engine=124/part=2102
its £14 but it works lol

looks OE and i have no issues with reception in 2 years :)

mpsy.jpg