ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been a project from day one TBH

Clio 1.41.2 8V
forum
I've been working on my Clio quite a while now, adding bits here and there, From looking at previous pictures it's come quite a way, still some work to do on it though.

A few thing's i've added.
Changed the crap standard wheels for some TSW 15" Alloys.
Changed the Standard AIR filter for a K&N
Took of the standard front springs off and put lowering 30mm GMAX springs on
I've lowered the back end around 40mm
Changed the standard tatty looking seats for some 16V bucket seats.
Little bits such as Gear knob, Pedals etc.

In the future I'll be adding maybe a full through de-cated exhaust system, considering a savage 4inch back box atm

Will be tinting the windows.

And giving it a re-spray

If anyone has any sugestions please leave them as i'd like it to look even better with a few points,

[ /

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think you're wasting your money but thats my opinion.

If it was me, i'd just drive round in that until you can afford to buy/run a valver or a williams.

Your car is worth £2/300 tops. you are just throwing your money away. When you have finished spending £xxx on it, who will buy it? Its not an enthusiasts car unlike the valver or the williams.

Don't mean to sound like a dick, just saying it how i see it matey.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Considering your in the know Dan i'd say thats pretty sound advice.
And for my 2 cents weld up the back doors;)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
And for my 2 cents weld up the back doors;)

+1

Looks alright, just like your average boy racer old skool clio though. Nothing that really makes it stand out.
As said earlier, stop now before you get carried away.
Save a bit of cash monies and then buy a valver or williams later on.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Ignore em pal, looks good, but defo loose the stickers an colour code the side strips. Lower it abit more id say, 55 on front an 60 back. will look ace then. if u spend the money on the shell now then when u can afford to get a valver/williams u can just drop the engine in instead of the whole car! problem solved!

RenaultSport 172.
IMO
1) buy a 3 door mk1 ph2
2) put the current mods off the 5 door onto the 3 door
3) put the standard bits off the 3 door onto the 5 door
4) sell the 5 door and call it quits but with a better shell to work with :)

Clio 1.41.2 8V
As i'm 17 :eek: It's like my pride and joy. the body work isn't too bad on it just some rust in the rear arches but thats the same with every clio, but i do love the williams and that was my idea, i'm not putting a body kit on it but when it dies i'll change all the stuff onto a 3 door which would look better than a 5, but all of your pointers are nice, some stickers are still on there which will be comming off soon, atm i'm just going to be doing the bits that are needed.

ST1050, 320d
definitely lose the lexus lights, the stickers, the rear doors haha. but seriously, my car isn't much better, theres no point in spending much money on it, just wait for your years no claims (presuming you dont crash) then get something better. besides, it'll only break, trust me i know

Clio 1.41.2 8V
Considering i only paid £350 for the car it's self it isnt to bad since i've had it i needed to pay for a new clutch and a ball joint thats it in total like £180 and fitted. i had the car about 7 months

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^ not too bad then, my ph3 hasnt had any problems so far part from a flat tyre but u should defo do what rage said, save up an buy a cheap high mileage 3 door with a decent shell so u can pay for the shell and then just drop the engine.

Clio 1.41.2 8V
Yeah it will defo be something i'd consider, untill then i'll do things to the car i have that could easy be tranfered to my next :cool: